Art Education, Visual Arts (BFA)
Additional admission requirements
The portfolio of artwork for admission to the art education program should be a collection of your best and most recent work in visual arts. It should represent your individual interests, abilities and explorations. Consider visual, conceptual, and technical proficiency in selecting your best and most recent work.
The portfolio should:
- consist of approximately 20 pieces of personally conceived 2D and 3D work of an imaginative and visually explorative nature;
- demonstrate both technical skills and conceptual development;
- be numbered and labelled individually with the applicant’s name, title of the work, date of completion, size of work and medium(s) used;
- include a summary list of contents indicating the applicant’s name, title of the work, date of completion, size of work and medium(s) used;
Letter of Intent
The Letter of Intent must:
- describe the applicant’s reasons for applying to the Art Education program;
- outline the applicant’s academic background and any relevant professional and/or volunteer experience;
- explain what the applicant hopes to learn over the course of their undergraduate degree.
Portfolio Submission Deadline: March 1
- Late applications will continue to be accepted for an undetermined amount of time. Please see program availability for the fall.
- Applicants must apply for admission online before submitting a portfolio.
- Portfolios will not be transferred from one department to another
Steps for new applicants
- Apply to Concordia University
Applicants must apply at concordia.ca/apply before submitting a portfolio. Upon completion of your application to Concordia University, you will be sent a confirmation email from Enrolment Services that contains your student ID number. You will need to enter your student number in order to proceed with your online portfolio submission.
- UPLOAD portfolio, letter of intent, student copy of your most recent transcript.
Steps for Concordia students currently enrolled in another Faculty of Fine Arts undergraduate program
- Complete the Internal Transfer of Program Request Form
- Submit the form to the Department of Art Education (EV 2-619)
- UPLOAD your portfolio, letter of intent, student copy of your most recent Concordia transcript.