Hire our interns
Simple. Efficient. Flexible.
We facilitate the entire hiring process by promoting work-term offers and arranging interviews.
Some employers may hire up to 20 students per semester. Others have fluctuating needs and may hire just one or two for special projects and campaigns, or as replacements for parental leaves or sabbaticals.
We host a variety of events and activities throughout the year for the Co-op community, including speaker series, student showcases, and networking events.
- Employer Information Sessions: Employers are invited on campus from time to time to give information sessions to either recruit or to create overall company awareness. They are normally catered events held on campus.
- Professional Career Panels and Speaker Series: We regularly invite professionals from a variety of industries to come speak about their own career paths, on how to get ahead in their fields, how to get the most of the university experience before getting into a specific job market, and more.
Contact Céline Bébin for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome! Send an email to email@example.com or call us weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST): 514-848-2424 ext. 3950 for instructions on submitting a job description or if you have any other questions. Or click bellow to register directly onto our online system COMPASS. Scroll down for more information on the hiring process.
You can post your job desciption yourself on our online system COMPASS after creating a profile or send it to the Institute if you encounter any issues. We’ll post the jobs within five business days unless otherwise specified by you. Students can also apply directly via your website or by email. Click bellow to log in and post on COMPASS.
After you've read about the Co-op program's caracteristics and the salary guidelines, you are ready to hire a student.
Follow these 4 easy steps:
1. Decide when to hire a student
- Our internships run parallel to university semesters.
- If you post a internships in September, the student will work for you in January.
- In some cases, internships can be extended.
- Click here to learn about our important dates
2. Post a job description
- The more detail included, the better.
- Specify the number of positions offered, along with application deadline and the start date, if these have been established.
- Job description template.
- Scroll back up for more information.
3. Shortlist and interview candidates
- Select candidates and schedule interviews on Compass. How to book an interview
(verify title & document, how to schedule)
- Please be sure to include your contact information (i.e. telephone number, email address; Skype ID).
- Interview candidates at your location, at the Co-op offices, by phone or video connection.
- How to select students for interviews
- How to attract top talent: Interview template
4. Rank applicants and make an offer
- After completing all interviews, submit your rankings on Compass. How to Rank a student
- Once you've ranked your prefered candidates, we will manage the selections and offers made to students.
- We will connect you with the student(s) once they have confirmed their acceptance.
During the internship, the supervisor is required to:
- Meet with the intern to determine personal and professional objectives for the internship
- Provide support to the student throughout the internship
- Complete a mid-term and final evaluation form to provide feedback on the intern’s learning and development
- If applicable, review the student's internship report to ensure that there are no confidentiality issues prior to submission