As institutions of higher learning, universities are uniquely positioned to influence and prepare future generations for the challenges they will face.
Programs & certificates
Concordia University offers more than 20 undergraduate, graduate and professional certificate programs that will enhance your understanding of sustainability.
Our directory lists programs that are:
- Specifically focused on sustainability
- Designed to complement a major
- Formalized degrees and programs that can be tailored to include sustainability.
Concordia University offers many course options for students interested in learning more about sustainability.
Our directory lists courses that are:
- Specifically focused on sustainability: courses dedicated to studying the concepts of sustainability (including economic, environmental and social dimensions) or to examining subject matter in relation to sustainability. For these courses, sustainability is the focus of the course and examining the application of sustainability strategies and concepts is often covered.
- Related to sustainability: Courses incorporating sustainability as a distinct course component (such as a lecture or module) or theme, but are not the entire focus of the course.
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) | Wicked Problems, Dynamic Solutions
Concordia has partnered with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to create a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). The MOOC entitled “Wicked Problems, Dynamic Solutions: The Ecosystem Approach and Systems Thinking” is an interdisciplinary course open all. Anyone who is interested will have the opportunity to learn about complex ideas such as ecological resilience, environmental governance, urban biodiversity and the impact of climate change in an accessible way.
Sustainable Curriculum Project
The Sustainable Curriculum Project was a 3-year initiative jointly funded by the Concordia Academic Plan 2012-2016 and the Sustainability Action Fund. This project quantified the extent of undergraduate sustainability content currently offered in the curriculum across all faculties at Concordia, and provided direction and support to significantly increase the growth of sustainability focused courses, programs and initiatives across the University.
Stories related to sustainability curriculum
How to teach biology during a pandemicOctober 13, 2020
Concordia’s Sustainable Investing Practicum kicks off this MayMay 7, 2020
Concordia students tackle today’s urban challenges through CityStudio MontrealNovember 12, 2019
Concordia students team up with Bâtiment 7 in the name of sustainabilitySeptember 9, 2019
How Concordia is modernizing chemical engineering education for Industry 4.0August 23, 2019
Concordia’s public conversation series tackles social justice and urban livingSeptember 17, 2018