Sustainability Governance Framework
The Governance Framework provides strategic direction in integrating sustainability within Concordia's decision-making process.
In 2013, members of the President’s Executive Group of Concordia drafted a Sustainability Governance Framework to provide strategic direction in institutionalizing sustainability within the university’s decision-making process.
The Sustainability Governance Framework is composed of the Sustainability Steering Committee and three sub-committees. Each committee consists of representatives from students, staff and faculty members
A visual representation of the Sustainability Governance Framework is available here.
Sustainability Advisory Committee
Key functions: Conducts strategic planning and develops recommendations with respect to policy and plans, including resource allocations and reporting.
Chair: Michael Di Grappa, Vice-President, Services and Sustainability
Secretary: Rosa Gullo, Assistant to the Director, Environmental Health & Safety / Office of Sustainability
- Amy Nguyen, Sustainability Coordinator, Concordia Student Union
- Anne Whitelaw, Provost & Vice-President, Academic Affairs
- Liz Miller, Professor, Communication Studies
- Paula Wood-Adams, Vice-President, Research & Graduate Studies
- Paul Chesser,Vice-President, Advancement & External Relations
- Philippe Beauregard, Chief Communications Officer
- Pietro Gasparrini, Director, Environmental Health and Safety / Office of Sustainability
- Sabrina Lavoie, Executive Director Budget Planning/Business Development
Each sub-committee consists of representatives from different departments/units/groups of students, staff, and faculty members.