Employee Sustainability Ambassadors Program
Help your department advance Concordia’s Sustainability Action Plan
The Employee Sustainability Ambassadors Program is an applied volunteer program offered through the Office of Sustainability and recognized by the university. The program has been endorsed at the level of the President’s Executive Group.
As a Sustainability Ambassador you’ll have support in increasing the sustainability of your department. Through peer-to-peer activities, you can help bring about a positive culture change at the university.
Program goals and objectives
- Increase sustainability awareness and knowledge among colleagues
- Engage colleagues in activities that advance sustainability at Concordia
- Identify actions that departments can undertake to become more sustainable and encourage adoption
Staff members will spend 2-4 hours per month on program activities. Each month, Sustainability Ambassadors will:
- Attend a training session on a particular topic offered by program partners
- Undertake a simple audit based on the training topic and using program resources
- Present audit results and recommendations to department members and collaborate on improvement plans
- Collaborate with other Employee Ambassadors on problem-solving through a dedicated Microsoft Team
Benefits for employees
- Targeted training by sustainability professionals at Concordia (Office of Sustainability, Facilities Management, Hospitality Concordia, and others)
- Resources and materials to help enact change within your department
- Community-building with peers
- Annual sustainability appreciation luncheon
- Employer-supported sustainability volunteering during summer hours
- Opportunity to receive a Sustainability Champions award
- For the pilot year, we are accepting only non-academic staff into the program. This is because specialized resources for faculty members are being developed and will be integrated into the program in 2022-2023.
- Employees must have taken, or commit to take, the two-hour “Introduction to Sustainability at Concordia for Employees” professional development course.
- Ability to attend one training per month from January - May 2022.
Trainings will take place from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the following dates: January 20, February 17, March 17, April 14, May 12.
- Approval by your manager is required since you will spend 2-4 hours per month on the program activities.
- Your department director must pledge to be receptive to and participate in changes to improve the sustainability of the department.
How to apply
Contact us at email@example.com
Professional development courses
This two-hour course was created for Concordia faculty and staff who are interested in sustainability and want to learn more about it and how to advance sustainability at Concordia. The course provides details on resources available to the university community as well as highlights ways that faculty and staff can improve sustainability within their workplace.