Employee Sustainability Ambassadors Program
Help your department advance Concordia’s Sustainability Action Plan
The Employee Sustainability Ambassadors Program is an applied volunteer program offered through the Office of Sustainability and recognized by the university. The program has been endorsed at the level of the President’s Executive Group.
As a Sustainability Ambassador you’ll have support in increasing the sustainability of your department. Through peer-to-peer activities, you can help bring about a positive culture change at the university.
Program goals and objectives
- Increase sustainability awareness and knowledge among colleagues
- Engage colleagues in activities that advance sustainability at Concordia
- Identify actions that departments can undertake to become more sustainable and encourage adoption
Staff members will spend 4 hours per month on program activities. Each month, Sustainability Ambassadors will:
- Attend a training session on a particular topic offered by program partners
- Work with relevant department members to review and implement action items and make progress toward their Sustainable Office Certification
- Collaborate with other Employee Ambassadors on problem-solving through a dedicated Microsoft Team
Benefits for employees
- Targeted training, resources and materials by sustainability professionals at Concordia (Office of Sustainability, Facilities Management, Hospitality Concordia, and others) to help enact change within your department
- Sustainable Office Certification for your department
- Community-building with peers
- Annual sustainability appreciation luncheon
- Employer-supported sustainability volunteering during summer hours
- Opportunity to receive a Sustainability Champions award
- Employees must have taken, or commit to take, the two-hour “Introduction to Sustainability at Concordia for Employees” professional development course.
- Ability to attend one training per month from January - May and from September - December 2022. Trainings will take place from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the following Thursdays:
- January 19
- February 16
- March 16
- April 13
- May 11
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 7
- January 19
- Ability to spend 4 hours per month on program activities between January - May and September - December
- Interest in volunteering with campus sustainability initiatives (at either SGW or Loyola) for 2-4 hours per month in June, July and August.
- Approval by your manager is required since program activities will take place during work hours.
- Your department director must pledge to be receptive to and participate in changes to improve the sustainability of the department.
How to apply
Contact Meredith Marty-Dugas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional development courses
This two-hour course was created for Concordia faculty and staff who are interested in sustainability and want to learn more about it and how to advance sustainability at Concordia. The course encourages a foundational understanding of sustainability and provides details on resources available to the university community as well as highlights ways that faculty and staff can improve sustainability within their workplace.