Are you in crisis?
If you’re experiencing mental or emotional distress, don’t wait! Call:
- If you are experiencing an emergency situation that requires police, an ambulance, or the fire department dial 9-1-1. For non-urgent calls to the police in the Montreal area dial 514-280-2222.
- Crisis Centers of Québec: bilingual services for people in crisis, as well as their loved ones and caregivers. Includes telephone support, temporary housing, follow-up, and more. 514-483-3033 (If this is not your sector's crisis center, do not worry! They will refer you to the appropriate one.)
- Suicide Action Montreal: Everywhere in Quebec, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-866-277-3553. Regional line in Montreal: 514-723-4000.
- Tel-Aide: Bilingual, listening services: 514-935-1101.
- Drug and alcohol help: Speak with a trained counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, bilingual, toll-free everywhere in Quebec: 1-800-265-2626. Montreal area: 514-527-2626.
- Info-Social: Speak with a social worker 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; they will give you advice and help you decide what to do about your difficult life situation. Dial 811.
- Tel-Jeunes: Phone and text-based counselling and support for young people ages 20 years & under. Bilingual. Speak with a professional counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-263-2266; 514-600-1002 for text support (available between 8 am and 11 pm).
- Kids Help Phone: Phone and live chat web/mobile counselling for young people ages 20 years & under. Speak with a professional counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-668-6868.
- Interligne "is a first response centre that provides help and information to those concerned with sexual orientation and gender diversity." Services include a listening helpline (Montreal 514-866-0103/Toll free 1-888-505-1010), online chat support and e-mail support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Concordia Students' Nightline. Active listening service to all Concordians and Montreal citizens. "We listen to whatever you have to say, judgement free! Your information stays confidential and anonymous!" Friday and Saturday from 6pm to 3am. 514-848-7787.
- Empower Me is a mental health and wellness service that allows students to connect with qualified counsellors, consultants, and life coaches for a variety of issues. Sessions are delivered in person, by telephone, by video-counselling, or by e-counselling. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Empower Me is available to Concordia undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in the Concordia Student Health Plan as well as international students who have opted into the student dental plan. 1-844-741-6389 (Toll free).
If we’re closed, or the urgent care clinic is full
Call Info-Santé/Info-Social (dial 8-1-1) to speak to a nurse or a social worker 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They will give you advice and help you decide what to do about your health concern or difficult life situation. This service is free.
Local community services centre (CLSC)
You can locate your closest CLSC through Portail santé mieux-être's website
Your pharmacist can now provide a number of basic medical services, so you don't have to go to a clinic! Find out more.
If you need health services on the weekend or evenings, you can visit one of several clinics (see the list of community clinics below).
Bonjour Santé is a service that finds a walk-in doctor's appointments near you within 24 hours. You need to have a Quebec Medicare card to use this service. There is a fee ($18.95 plus tax). Learn more about this service on the Bonjour Santé Frequently Asked Questions page.
Only use the Emergency Room for emergencies. If you go to the ER for issues that are not a real emergency, you will spend a lot of time waiting, and risk getting and spreading infections. Learn more about The Emergency Room: When to go and when not to go. Find your local emergency rooms below.
|Local clinics (around Concordia's two campuses)
|Métro Médic Centre Ville
1538 Sherbrooke O.
|Clinique Médicale de la cité
300 rue Léo-Pariseau, bureau 900
|La Cité Medicale
Place Alexis Nihon, Tour numéro 2, 3500 boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest, bureau 1520
|Clinique médicale 1851
1851 rue Sherbrooke E., bureau 101
|Clinique médicale Diamant
5885 chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, bureau 201
|Herzl CRIU Walk-In Centre
5858 Côte-des-Neiges, 5th Floor (corner de la Peltrie)
|Vendome Medical Centre
5175 de Maisonneuve O. suite 100
|Médico Centre Mont Royal
4689 avenue Papineau
5345 boulevard l'Assomption, bureau RC-60
175 avenue Stillview (Pointe-Claire), bureau 104
Several locations throughout the city
|Consult "Contact Us" tab on website
|Queen Elizabeth Health Complex Urgent Care Clinic
2100 Marlowe Ave., suite 102
|Group Santé Westmount Square
1 Westmount Square, Suite C-180
|Local emergency departments (ER)
|McGill University Health Centre (Montreal General Hospital)
1650 Cedar Ave.
|General Info: 514-934-1934 x 48090
|Centre Hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal
|General Info: 514-890-8000|
|McGill University Health Centre (Glen site)
1001 Decarie Boulevard
|General info: 514-934-1934
|St Mary's Hospital
3830 Lacombe Ave.
|General info: 514-345-3511
A full list of emergency departments in Montreal, including psychiatric emergency deparmtments, is available on the Santé Montreal website.
If you are looking for other services in Montreal, the Information and Referral Centre of Greater Montreal "is an autonomous and bilingual non profit organization which offers free information on community resources of Greater Montréal in terms of social security, health, employment, welfare, and recreation". You can contact them by phone (514-527-1375) or e-mail them through a request form. They will get back to you with the information or services you require.
211 is another resource that can help you find the services you need. They have a phone line and an online directory.
- Health Services