- If you are experiencing an emergency situation that requires police, an ambulance, or the fire department dial 9-1-1. For non-urgent calls to the police in the Montreal area dial 514-280-2222.
- Empower Me (password to website is Studentcare): 1-844-741-6389 (Toll free). Connect with qualified counselors, consultants, and life coaches for a variety of issues. Sessions are delivered in-person, by telephone, by video-counseling, or by e-counseling. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As of March 2020, Empower Me is available to ALL Concordia students.
- Info-Social: Speak with a social worker 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; they will give you advice and help you decide what to do about your difficult life situation. Dial 811 and follow the prompts to connect to Info-Social.
- Wellness Together Canada Portal: Mental Health and Substance Use Support: Free counseling with qualified mental health professionals: call 1-866-585-0445, 24 hours a day. Also provides free online educational resources, tools, connections to trained volunteers, group coaching, group mindfulness practice, and a lot more resources. By registering for a free account and completing a short survey, the Portal will provide you with tailored resources! This service is funded in part by the Government of Canada.
- Tel-Jeunes: Phone, text, or live-chat counseling and support for young people ages 20 years & under. Bilingual. Speak with a professional counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-263-2266; 514-600-1002 for text support (available between 8 am and 10:30 pm).
- Kids Help Phone: Phone and live chat web/mobile counseling for young people ages 20 years & under. Speak with a professional counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 1-800-668-6868.
- Tracom: bilingual services for people in crisis, as well as their loved ones and caregivers. Includes telephone support, temporary housing, follow-up, and more. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 514-483-3033. Part of the Crisis Centers of Québec.
- Suicide Action Montreal: Everywhere in Quebec, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-866-277-3553. Regional line in Montreal: 514-723-4000.
- Drug and alcohol help: Speak with a trained counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, bilingual, toll-free everywhere in Quebec: 1-800-265-2626. Montreal area: 514-527-2626.
- Tel-Aide: Bilingual, listening services: 514-935-1101.
- Concordia Students' Nightline. Active listening service to all Concordians and Montreal citizens. "We listen to whatever you have to say, judgment free! Your information stays confidential and anonymous!" Thursdays to Saturdays from 6pm to 3am. 438-812-6484.
- Interligne "is a first response centre that provides help and information to those concerned with sexual orientation and gender diversity." Services include a listening helpline (Montreal 514-866-0103/Toll free 1-888-505-1010), online chat support and e-mail support (email@example.com).
The Concordia Student Union (CSU) has partnered with the student Health & Dental Plan administrator, Studentcare, to present Dialogue, an online service that connects students registered under the CSU Health & Dental Plan virtually with nurses and physicians for medical consultations via chat, video, or phone. Dialogue is available 24/7 and is free of charge through December 2020. Consult the Dialogue website to learn about the services offered, to download the app and to create an account.
International students who are registered with Medavie Blue Cross through the International Students Office have access to Online Doctors, a service powered by Maple, Canada’s leading virtual care provider. This service lets them instantly talk to a Canadian-licensed doctor online anytime they need it, 24/7 year round for diagnosis, medical advice and treatment for themselves and their eligible family members. International students can consult the Health Information section of the International Student's Office to learn how to register for Maple coverage.
Lumino Health Virtual Care
Employees who are enrolled in the university's health plan have access to Lumino Health Virtual Care through a partnership with Sun Life. Through Lumino Health Virtual Care, employees will be able to chat with a nurse, 24/7, for any questions related to their health or consult a doctor through a secure video if a diagnosis or prescription is required. To learn more and to sign up visit the Lumino Health Virtual Care website.
Call Info-Santé/Info-Social (dial 8-1-1) to speak to a nurse or a social worker 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They will give you advice and help you decide what to do about your health concern or difficult life situations. This service is free
Local community services centre (CLSC)
You can locate your closest CLSC through Portail santé mieux-être's website
Your pharmacist can now provide a number of basic medical services, so you don't have to go to a clinic! Find out more.
If you need health services on the weekend or evenings, you can visit one of several clinics (see the list of community clinics below).
Online booking for urgent appointments
The following resources are available to people with a valid Quebec Medicare card (RAMQ).
Rendez-vouz Santé Québec (RVSQ)
RVSQ is a service that finds walk-in doctor's appointments near you. This service is free.
Bonjour Santé is a service that finds walk-in doctor's appointments near you within 24 hours. There is a fee for this service. Learn more about this service on the Bonjour Santé Frequently Asked Questions page.
Only use the Emergency Room for emergencies. If you go to the ER for issues that are not a real emergency, you will spend a lot of time waiting, and risk getting and spreading infections. Learn more about The Emergency Room: When to go and when not to go. Find your local emergency rooms below.
|Local clinics (around Concordia's two campuses)
|Métro Médic Centre Ville
1538 Sherbrooke O.
|Clinique Médicale de la cité
300 rue Léo-Pariseau, bureau 900
|La Cité Medicale
Place Alexis Nihon, Tour numéro 2, 3500 boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest, bureau 1520
|Clinique médicale 1851
1851 rue Sherbrooke E., bureau 101
|Clinique médicale Diamant
5885 chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, bureau 201
|Herzl CRIU Walk-In Centre
5858 Côte-des-Neiges, 5th Floor (corner de la Peltrie)
|Vendome Medical Centre
5175 de Maisonneuve O. suite 100
|Médico Centre Mont Royal
4689 avenue Papineau
5345 boulevard l'Assomption, bureau RC-60
175 avenue Stillview (Pointe-Claire), bureau 104
Several locations throughout the city
|Consult "Contact Us" tab on website
|Queen Elizabeth Health Complex Urgent Care Clinic
2100 Marlowe Ave., suite 102
|Group Santé Westmount Square
1 Westmount Square, Suite C-180
|Local emergency departments (ER)
|McGill University Health Centre (Montreal General Hospital)
1650 Cedar Ave.
|General Info: 514-934-1934 x 48090
|Centre Hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal
|General Info: 514-890-8000|
|McGill University Health Centre (Glen site)
1001 Decarie Boulevard
|General info: 514-934-1934
|St Mary's Hospital
3830 Lacombe Ave.
|General info: 514-345-3511
A full list of emergency departments in Montreal, including psychiatric emergency deparmtments, is available on the Santé Montreal website.
If you are looking for other services in Montreal, the Information and Referral Centre of Greater Montreal "is an autonomous and bilingual non profit organization which offers free information on community resources of Greater Montréal in terms of social security, health, employment, welfare, and recreation". You can contact them by phone (514-527-1375) or e-mail them through a request form. They will get back to you with the information or services you require.
211 is another resource that can help you find the services you need. They have a phone line and an online directory.
- Health Services