GradProSkills Ambassador Program
The GradProSkills Ambassador Program is our way to recognize and reward students who show great enthusiasm for GradProSkills workshops and events. The aim of the program is to encourage Ambassadors to be leaders and points of contact for other students, allow them to gain valuable volunteer experience, and provide an avenue to gather their valuable feedback on how the program is meeting graduate student needs.
If you are interested in becoming a GradProSkills Ambassador, please contact the GradProSkills office at email@example.com.
Why become an Ambassador?
Ambassadors enjoy participating in the program and gain valuable benefits, including:
- Enhancing skills that employers are looking for, such as: effective communication, social media expertise, networking, public speaking, etc.
- Increasing self-confidence and presentation skills
- Building leadership skills
- Networking and making connections with fellow students and GradProSkills partners
This valuable community service experience and the skills you acquire help you build your competitive edge by including it on your CV, as well as on job, scholarship and university admissions applications!
As official recognition for their work, Ambassadors receive:
- Recognition on their GradProSkills record under the “Leadership” skill domain
- A letter of acknowledgement from the Dean of Graduate Studies (if they complete at least 15 hours of service during the academic year).
A variety of ways to volunteer with GradProSkills
After attending the relevant training sessions, you can take advantage of volunteering for a variety of GradProSkills activities throughout the academic year. Activities range from representing GradProSkills at orientation and outreach activities, participating in the organization of special events, promoting GradProSkills within your social network, providing feedback though surveys and focus groups, or even contributing to the GradProBlog, to name a few.