Frontline Administrative Service Team (F.A.S.T)
We want your experience at Concordia to be successful and the start of the academic year is always an exciting and busy time for new and returning Concordia students. You may have such questions as: How can I pay my tuition? Where can I obtain my student ID card? How do I request a Permanent Code?
At the beginning of the Fall semester, services will be enhanced at various times on weekdays from:
Monday, August 27, 2018 to Friday, September 21, 2018
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Additional Service Assistants will be available to:
- Respond to inquiries about
- Tuition and fees
- Account restrictions (registration blocks)
- Permanent code surcharges
- payment and withdrawal deadlines
- late payment and interest fees
- payment arrangements
- Accept and process payments made by personal cheque, certified cheque, money order and debit (Interac) card;
- Accept and verify Permanent Code documents; and remove a Permanent Code surcharge from your student account if the documents are in order;
- Accept and verify proof of Quebec Residency Code documents for students who were born in Quebec; and change tuition fee assessment to Quebec Residency rate;
- Negotiate payment arrangements for students with an outstanding balance from a previous term in order to remove an accounts restriction.
Undergraduate and Graduate students will be able to obtain their Concordia student I.D. card* at the student I.D. card service points.
Student I.D. card service points will be located in the cage area at the back of the McConnell Library Building Atrium.
The student I.D. card service points will be available from:
- Monday, August 27, 2018
12 Noon to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 28 – Friday, September 21, 2018
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*Please note: You must bring one piece of photo ID (driver’s license, medicare card, passport) as well as your student ID number. Student cards can only be produced once you have registered for courses (48 hours prior.)