Azrieli Institute’s Summer in Jerusalem
2017 Summer Program
The Azrieli Institute and Concordia International are pleased to offer a new Azrieli Institute Summer in Jerusalem program at Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School field for 2017. This exciting program provides students with the opportunity to earn six Concordia credits while spending approximately four weeks in Jerusalem. Dr. Csaba Nikolenyi, Director of the Azrieli Institute and Professor of Political Science, will accompany the group and teach the Political Science course.
Program dates & courses
Dates: July 3, 2017 (arrival day) to July 27, 2017 (departure day).
The program consists of the following two courses worth three credits each:
- POLI 322: Israeli Politics and Government
- RELI 329: Israel Religion and State
Estimated costs and bursary
Concordia will charge program participants for 6 credits of undergraduate Concordia tuition and a program fee of $2,970 for Hebrew University tuition and housing.
Students are responsible for selecting and paying their transportation to/from Jerusalem; mandatory health and travel insurance; meals; spending money; any required travel documents and other miscellaneous expenses associated with travel.
To offset costs, the Azrieli Institute, through the generous support of its donors, is offering a bursary of $2,970 to students admitted to the program.
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA and have completed at least 24 credits toward your current degree program.
- The selection committee reserves the right to interview applicants.
Consistently ranked as one of the world’s top 100 universities, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem offers world class education for university students interested in broadening their horizons while receiving outstanding theoretical and practical instruction. Students at the Rothberg International School have the chance to study together with both local students from diverse backgrounds and international students from over 70 countries around the world.
Students are usually housed in air-conditioned apartments with single bedrooms. The bedrooms contain a bed, desk, chair and closet. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are shared. Towels, bedding and kitchenware are not provided but may be purchased locally.
How to apply
- Attend an Information Session:
- Wednesday March 22, 2017 from 2:00 – 3:00 PM at Concordia International (2080 Mackay / Annex X)
- Thursday March 30, 2017 from 10:30-11:30 AM at Concordia International (2080 Mackay / Annex X)
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 4:00 - 5:00 PM at Concordia International (2080 Mackay / Annex X)
- AFTER you have attended an information session, submit online a complete Concordia Field School Abroad Application, arrange to have one Academic Reference sent to Concordia International (instructions on form), AND a Concordia Field School Abroad Bursary Application by the application deadline of April 17, 2017.
- Concordia admissions decisions will be communicated by e-mail after the application deadline.
- Final admissions decision will be made by the Rothberg International School, Hebrew University.
- The Rothberg International School, Hebrew University requires all applicants to submit a medical evaluation form completed by a physician (will be provided after you have submitted the Concordia application).
- Students admitted to the program will have to attend a mandatory pre-departure meeting.
- Graduate students and students from other universities must first register as “Independent Undergraduates” to be able to register for these courses. If admitted to the program, you will be prompted to complete this step after you have received your admission letter.
- All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
- The program is subject to cancellation at any time and for any reason.
- A maximum of 12 participants will be selected to participate in the program.
Webinar on studying abroad in Jerusalem hosted by Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School:
Ever wonder what it’s like to study abroad in Jerusalem, one of the world’s most fascinating cities? Get real answers from real international students and staff at Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School – during our live webinar on Sunday, April 2, at 3:00 p.m. EDT. Click here to join the meeting (no registration required).
At HebrewU – one of the world’s highest ranking universities – you’ll enjoy challenging coursework while immersing yourself in Israeli culture, engaging with a vibrant and diverse community, developing your language skills, and exploring the Middle East. You can also gain valuable career experience in Jerusalem, a cultural, technological, and entrepreneurial hub.
Topics will include:
- Student life
- Admissions and registration process
If you’d like a reminder the morning of the webinar, please email Lisa Sharon.