Azrieli Institute's Summer in Jerusalem
2020 Summer Program
The Azrieli Institute of Israel Studies is pleased to offer the 2020 Azrieli Institute Summer in Jerusalem program in collaboration with Concordia International. This exciting program provides you with the opportunity to earn credit while attending Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School with students from around the world. Dr. Csaba Nikolenyi, Director of the Azrieli Institute and Professor of Political Science, will accompany the group.
All students admitted to the program must take Concordia undergraduate course RELI 398: Religion, Culture and Politics in Contemporary Israel (3 credits) taught by Professor Nikolenyi in Jerusalem for graded, Concordia credit.
Estimated costs and bursary
Concordia will charge program participants for 3 credits of undergraduate Concordia tuition and a program fee (amount TBD) for Hebrew University tuition, housing, application and administrative fees.
Students are responsible for selecting and paying their transportation to/from Jerusalem; mandatory health and travel insurance; meals; spending money; any required travel documents and other miscellaneous expenses associated with travel.
To offset costs, the Azrieli Institute, through the generous support of its donors, is offering a bursary (amount TBD) to students admitted to the program. Please note that the abovementioned bursary cannot be combined with any other mobility scholarship, mobility bursary or mobility award.
- Have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA, have completed at least 24 credits toward your current degree program and be enrolled in a Concordia degree program. Preference will be given to undergraduates enrolled in the Minor in Israel Studies and to students enrolled within the Department of Religions and Cultures.
- The selection committee reserves the right to interview applicants.
Consistently ranked as one of the world’s top 100 universities, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem offers world class education for university students interested in broadening their horizons while receiving outstanding theoretical and practical instruction. Students at the Rothberg International School have the chance to study together with both local students from diverse backgrounds and international students from over 70 countries around the world.
Students are usually housed in air-conditioned apartments with single bedrooms. The bedrooms contain a bed, desk, chair and closet. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are shared. Towels, bedding and kitchenware are not provided but may be purchased locally.
How to apply
- Attend an information session at the Concordia International office (X-103, Annex X, 2080 Mackay):
- Dates TBD
- After you have attended an information session, submit online a complete Concordia Field School Abroad Application, arrange to have one Academic Reference sent to Concordia International (instructions on form), AND a Concordia Field School Abroad Bursary Application by the deadline (date TBD).
- Concordia admissions decisions will be communicated by e-mail after the application deadline.
- Students admitted to the program will have to attend a mandatory pre-departure meeting scheduled for date TBD.
- Graduate students and students from other universities must first register as “Independent Undergraduates” to be able to register for these courses. If admitted to the program, you will be prompted to complete this step after you have received your admission letter.
- The program is subject to a minimum enrollment of 12 students, a maximum of 15 students and may be cancelled at any time and for any reason.
- All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
For more information, please contact Maral Abajian, Field School Coordinator, Concordia International.