Phone: 514-848-2424, ext. 3525
The digital textbook and coursepack conversion service is available to students who face a barrier in their learning when using printed or hard copy texts. This is a service which requires considerable collaboration with both external and internal partners to produce the books in alternate formats. As such, we encourage students to provide the Access Centre for Students with Disabilities (ACSD) with the identifying information of the texts or coursepacks required as soon as possible.
Training to create your own e-texts
Students who are physically able to manipulate textbooks and computers will receive training on how to convert their own materials to promote independence and less reliance on the ACSD for materials which require a quick turnaround time.
Text conversion eligibility
In order to receive digital text conversion services,
- You must have an open file with ACSD.
- Your ACSD Advisor will review your file to ensure that you qualify for textbook and/or coursepack conversion services.
- You must have a "print disability" which is recognized under Canadian Copyright Law. This can include visual, mobility, perceptual or cognitive disabilities that severely impede text recognition.
Request a text conversion
The procedures to request an electronic textbook or coursepack are as follows:
- News & events
- Accessibility advisors
- How to register with us
- Accessibility for new students
- E-text service
- Exam service
- Adaptive & assistive technology
- Transportation accessibility
- Learning, counselling & referrals
- Funding for students with disabilities
- Accessibility jobs & volunteering
- Note-taking service
- Mailing lists
- Our blog
- Our blog-copy