Doctoral thesis submission
- Students submit an electronic copy of their thesis to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF/a format (archival PDF) and a WORD version of their ABSTRACT along with a completed Theses Non Exclusive License form and a Doctoral/Master's Thesis Submission form and a copy of the student's CV.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro is available at the Library if you do not have the software.
- The Thesis Office will email the student a checklist advising of corrections, if any, required to the thesis format for the final submission.
- If a paper copy is required by any examination committee member, the student will be notified.
- For format information; please refer to the Thesis Preparation Guide and sample pages.
- The examination date must be set a minimum of 6 weeks from receipt of the thesis and the Doctoral Thesis Examination Committee Form submitted by the student’s program.
- NOTE: In the case of Engineering & Computer Science, SGS recommends submitting the forms 8 weeks in advance, as it must also be approved by the Associate Dean of Research, Engineering & Computer Science.
- First submission deadlines are:
- February 11 for Spring Convocation
- July 14 for Fall Convocation
- The final thesis deposit must be made through the Library Repository, Spectrum.
- The thesis must be in PDF/a format (archival PDF). For information on how to deposit theses, students must log on to Spectrum using their portal name and password. Follow instructions using the HELP button.
- If the thesis is not properly formatted, it will be returned for correction. The student will only be processed for graduation when all corrections are completed and thesis successfully deposited.
- NOTE: The signature page, without signatures, must be included in the thesis as the second page. The examiners' names must be typed.
- Paper copies are not required by the Thesis Office; however, students should check if their department has requirements for bound paper copies.
- Students are encouraged to submit before these dates to facilitate graduation.
- Final submission deadlines are:
- April 1 for Spring Convocation
- September 1 for Fall Convocation
Students must apply to graduate by January 15 for Spring Convocation and by July 15 for Fall Convocation