Students with disabilities
The Access Centre for Students with Disabilities has programs and services that support the integration and independence of students with disabilities.
The Centre provides services to students with mobility and visual and hearing impairments, as well learning disabilities, and temporary or permanent, health-related conditions.Services include:
- Exam accommodations where relevant
- Access to a lab with adaptive technology
- Alternative media transcriptions
- Classroom note-takers and transcribers
- Oral and sign interpreters for the hearing impaired
- Classroom relocation for easier access
- Referrals for learning-disability assessments
- A facilitator for the Quebec Special Need Program
- Workshops on adaptive computer equipment (scanners, document reading software and the use of electronic note-taking devices)
The Centre also offers a wide range of workshops designed to help students with disabilities reap the benefits of on-campus life.