Front-line administrative services team (F.A.S.T.)
The beginning of the semester is always an exciting and busy time for new and returning Concordia students. You may have such questions as: Where can I get information? How do I access the MyConcordia Portal? Where can I obtain my student ID card?
The F.A.S.T is here to help you transition into university life, navigate the administrative procedures, and get the answers to all of your questions. F.A.S.T. will be setting up various service points in the McConnell Building Atrium and in the Birks Student Service Centre (both located in the J. W. McConnell Building – 1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd W).
Several services will be offered at various times on weekdays from Thursday, January 3 to Thursday, January 31. We encourage you to take advantage of these services to help you through this busy period.
General Information Desk
Second and third-year students will be on hand to provide you with general information and to help you make your way around Concordia during the first weeks of class.
McConnell Building Atrium (Library Building)
1400 De Maisonneuve W.
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 3 to Friday, January 11
General Service kiosksService Assistants at the F.A.S.T. General Services Kiosks will be available to:
- Respond to inquiries about
- Tuition and fees
- Account restrictions (registration blocks)
- Permanent code surcharges
- payment and withdrawal deadlines
- late payment and interest fees
- payment arrangements
- Accept and process payments made by personal cheque, certified cheque, money order and debit (Interac) card;
- Accept and verify Permanent Code documents; and remove a Permanent Code surcharge from your student account if the documents are in order;
- Accept and verify proof of Quebec Residency Code documents for students who were born in Quebec; and change tuition fee assessment to Quebec Residency rate;
- Accept and validate OPUS card reduced fare transit application forms;
- Negotiate payment arrangements for students with an outstanding balance from a previous term in order to remove an accounts restriction.
Birks Student Service Centre, S-LB-185.
Services at the F.A.S.T. General Services Kiosks will be available from
- January 7 to 11 and January 28 to 31
- 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday
- January 3, 4 and January 14 to 25
- 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday
Student I.D. Card kiosks
Undergraduate and Graduate students will be able to obtain their Concordia student I.D. card* at the F.A.S.T. Student I.D. Card kiosks.
The F.A.S.T. Student I.D. Card kiosks will be located in the back of the McConnell Building Atrium (near Tim Horton’s).
Services at the F.A.S.T. Student I.D. Card kiosks will be available weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Thursday, January 3 to Friday, January 18, 2013.
*Please note: You must bring one piece of photo ID as well as your student ID number. Student cards can only be produced once you have registered for courses (48 hours prior.)
MyConcordia Help Centre
IITS will provide the use of computers at no charge – yes, that’s FREE – at the MyConcordia Help Centre. Staff will be available to answer any questions you may have concerning the MyConcordia Student portal.
The MyConcordia Help Centre will be located in the center of the McConnell Building Atrium.
Services at the MyConcordia Help Centre will be available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Thursday, January 3 to Friday, January 11, 2013.
We want your experience at Concordia to be successful – take advantage of these services and get a strong start to the semester. If you have any questions about F.A.S.T. Services, please call 514-848-2424 extension 2668. We look forward to seeing you on campus!