Complaints or concerns?
The Ombuds Office’s role is to assist in the informal resolution of concerns and complaints related to the application of University policies, rules and procedures. The Office is:
- Independent of all the administrative structures of the University
- Accessible to all members of the University community
What the Ombuds Office does
- Provides information about existing policies, rules and procedures and makes suggestions about the appropriate avenue to follow to address concerns and complaints
- Assists community members to resolve concerns and complaints both quickly and informally
- Conducts an independent and objective inquiry of a complaint once the usual avenues for grievance and appeals have been exhausted
- Recommends solutions to help resolve concerns and complaints
- Recommends improvements to university policies, rules and procedures that are unclear or unfair
What the Ombuds Office cannot do
- Act as an advocate and automatically take your side in a conflict
- Intervene in situations where a procedure exists to resolve them
- Deal with matters covered by a collective agreement between an employee and the University
- Intervene in conflicts involving companies, organizations or individuals outside the University but can often provide information or referral
- Intervene in situations where we judge our involvement to be inappropriate
- Impose a decision
How to contact the Ombuds Office:
You can give us a call, send us an e-mail or visit our Office from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening appointments as well as appointments on the Loyola campus can be made upon request. Our services are available in English and in French and are free of charge.
We are always pleased to answer questions. Remember, the sooner you get information about a problem that you may be having, the easier it will be to resolve.
- GM Building (Map), 1550 de Maisonneuve W., Suite 1120
- Call: 514-848-2424, ext. 8658
- Email: email@example.com