Institutional policies and guidelines
A quick reference for all the institutionally approved policies and guidelines related to research and graduate studies.
All research projects carried out by individuals associated with Concordia University must conform with institutional approved policies and guidelines including those specific to research.
For information about the Animal Care Facility, visit Cspace.
Consult the complete list of Concordia's official policies.
- Policy on Research Units and Infrastructure Platforms
- Procedures for Research Units and Infrastructure Platforms
- Policy on Research Chairs
- Procedures and Guidelines for Research Chairs
- CURC Program Post-Award Administrative Guidelines
- Policy on Conflicts of Interest in Research
- Conflicts of Interest Policy Disclosure Report Form
- Policy for the Inquiry and Investigation of Allegations of Research Misconduct
- Procedures for the Inquiry and Investigation of Allegations of Research Misconduct
- Policy on Indirect Costs from Research Funding Agencies Accredited by SIRU *
- Policy on Indirect Costs Recovery from Research Funding Agencies not Accredited by SIRU
- Policy on Contract Research | Contract Research Handbook (April 2013)
- Policy on Postdoctoral Fellows
- Policy on the Administration of CIDA Grants
- Policy on Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property – CUFA agreement Article 27 *
- Policy on the Treatment of Deficits in Research Accounts
- Employment of Research Personnel Hired by Grant Recipients Policy
- Plan for Operation and Maintenance of CFI-Funded Infrastructure
* Policies in development (will be available soon).
- Policy for the Ethical Review of Research Involving Human Participants
- Procedures for the Ethical Review of Research Involving Human Participants
- TCPS 2—2nd edition of Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- EPTC 2 — 2e édition de l'Énoncé de politique des trois Conseils : Éthique de la recherche avec des êtres humains
- The TCPS 2 Tutorial: Course on Research Ethics (CORE)
- Le didacticiel EPTC 2 : Formation en éthique de la recherche (FER)
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU): Agreement between the three federal granting agencies and every Canadian university, describing the basic requirements for obtaining and maintaining institutional eligibility to administer agency funds. Concordia signed in September 2002.
- Online Ethics Training Tutorial offered by the National Institutes of Health (NIH): “Human Participant Protections Education for Research Teams.” An overview of some of the fundamental ethical principles of the protection of human participants, including historical background and case studies.
- Inter-Agency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics (PRE). Advises on the development, evolution, interpretation and implementation of the TCPS.
- National Council on Ethics in Human Research (NCEHR). Among other things, hosts a listserv discussing questions of policy and practice relating to research ethics, and a directory of Canadian research ethics boards (REBs).
Research Involving Animals
- Research Support Fund Performance Objectives 2017-2018
- Research Support Fund Performance Outcomes 2016-2017
- Research Support Fund Public Acknowledgement (April 2017)
Documents from previous years:
- Research Support Fund Performance Objectives 2016-2017
- Research Support Fund Performance Outcomes 2015-2016
- Research Support Fund Public Acknowledgement (April 2016)
- Research Support Fund Performance Objectives 2015-2016
- Research Support Fund Public Acknowledgement (April 2015)
- Federal Indirect Costs Program Public Acknowledgement (April 2014)