Computer Games Option
Deals with the design and implementation of computer games, and the tools and techniques used in developing computer games software.
Sample courses include:
Advanced Program Design with C++, Databases, Computer Graphics, Introduction to Game Development, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Game Development, Animation for Computer Games
Computer Games (BCompSci - Option) requirements: Minimum cut-off averages, admission statistics and program requirements.
Computer Science Co-op Program
Since every company has its own distinct software and hardware, our students are given the necessary skills and tools to progress and excel in their field. As students develop, research begins to play a role in their work. They may check code, maintain departmental intranet sites, be involved in gathering requirements for web based projects and providing technical support. Some students are given sections of a project to work on individually, then present collectively with their team. Students are included in website and software quality assurance and they participate in programming, debugging and testing software.
Computer Science graduates are qualified to:
- design and create new software, and modify and test existing software used in a broad range of businesses and industries;
- devise new and more efficient algorithms and techniques;
- analyze and develop computer solutions to meet clients' information processing, database and computation needs;
- plan and implement computer security systems for database access control;
- provide technical support for sales functions requiring specialized knowledge;
- advise clients on their computing needs or provide support in the development of the software and hardware;
- make decisions involving people, materials and money where knowledge of both computer software and hardware is essential.
Graduates may find careers in a wide variety of sectors including health care, communications, manufacturing, banking, retail, as well as the aeronautical, automotive, electrical and entertainment industries. Our graduates have been hired by IBM, Matrox, Nortel Networks and Ubisoft.
Undergraduate admissions guidelines: For information on international admission, required documents, proof of language proficiency, the university admissions timetable, selection and notification process.