The Forces Avenir Program aims to recognize, honor and promote the commitment of students in projects that contribute to the development of socially conscious, active and responsible citizens who are both dedicated to their community and open to the world.
In 2019, the finalists shared in 33 prestigious grants totaling $114,000!
How to Apply
Prospective clients can either apply under the Personality category (as either graduate or undergraduate) or one of the Project categories below:
- Arts, Literature, and Culture
- Entrepreneurship, Business, and Economy
- Mutual Aid, Peace and Justice
- Science and Technology
- Society, Communications and Education
- Be registered as a full-time student for at least one semester during the eligibility period (March 30, 2019 to March 31, 2020)
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Must not have been paid to participate
- No more then 35 years of age
- Cannot be a former recipient of a Forces Avenir university award in the Personality Avenir category
- The project must be not carried out as part of a university undergraduate program worth a maximum of three credits
- The project must not take place in context of a course or a research program which is part of the requirements for obtaining a graduate degree
- At least 80% of the students involved in the project must meet the criteria for individuals
- The project must be initiated, made operational, or be carried out during the period of eligibility (March 30, 2019, to March 31, 2020)
- The project must not have already received a Forces Avenir university award in the Project Avenir category
- Concordia will select a maximum of two applications per category to Forces Avenir.
- Specialist Juries of three people recognized in their field will then select recipients of the grants and Avenir trophies through presentations/interviews of the top 4 candidates in each category to find the finalists.
- Interviews and presentations will take place over the course on June 2020. Representatives will be required to attend these interviews in either person, phone, or videoconference
- A grand jury of key figures in society from the different fields will then determine the recipients of the Avenit Par Excellence grants and trophies.