New Faculty Orientation
September – the “real” new year - will soon be upon us: new classes, new students, new course outlines and new things to learn. As a new faculty member, this means you will likely be learning the ropes of a new job, getting to know new colleagues, navigating through departmental processes, starting new research, or even adapting to living in a new city.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning invites you to a two-day orientation session designed to help you in your new role as faculty at Concordia Univeristy.
- Find out how you can support students in their learning and learn more about our diverse student population
- Meet with experienced faculty members who will share their strategies, best practices and tips for teaching and learning
- Ask questions and share concerns or reflections on your new role
- Learn more about the teaching resources and support srvices that are available to you
- Hear more about your career path
Day 1 - Wednesday, August 30, 2017
8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (registration begins at 8:30 a.m.)
Loyola Jesuit Conference Centre
Lunch will be served
Day 2 - Thursday, August 31, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Centre for Teaching and Learning, FB 620
There is no charge for this event. Please register by calling Joanne Rankin - 514.848.2424, ext. 2496 or email Joanne.Rankin@concordia.ca.