Reading Room rules
To ensure the long-term preservation of archival documents, it is important to follow the rules listed below.
- Leave coats, parcels, briefcases, and other similar belongings at the coat rack. Just keep what you need to take notes. Electronic devices are allowed.
- No food or beverages allowed.
- No documents are to be removed from the research area.
- Use pencils only.
- Do not film, photograph or copy documents with your own equipment
(laptop, cell phone and camera).
- Do not annotate or dirty documents.
- Use only one box at a time.
- Maintain order; do not mix or reclassify documents.
Copying is done by the staff and within the limitations of the Copyright Act.
Report any accident or damage to a document to the staff immediately.
- Handle the enclosure or the container rather than the documents.
- Do not lean on documents or archives boxes.
- Do not place your note pad or electronic equipment on top of documents.
- Replace documents you are not using into file folders and boxes.
- Realign papers manually before returning the file folder to a box.