Mission, mandate & vision
- Ensure that documents and records of the University are organized, retained and disposed of in compliance with generally accepted recordkeeping principles and applicable legislation; and
- Preserve the University's institutional memory.
- Establishing, maintaining and disseminating and effective Records Classification and Retention Plan and related procedures used to apply the Policy on Records Management and Archives;
- Training and supporting University staff and faculty in applying the Records Management Program;
- Processing, protecting, preserving and disseminating the University's historical archives; and
- Processing, protecting, preserving and disseminating private archives holdings, which support the teaching and research activities of the University.
The Records Management and Archives Department's vision is to be known as a team of information management professionals for staff, and to be recognized as an important source or information for faculty, in their academic and research activities, and students, in their course assignments.