The Centre for Academic Leadership offers to academic leaders this workshop, titled "Leadership Skills and Responsible Management," facilitated by Sheila Brown.
The workshop’s learning objectives are:
- Better understanding one's behaviour and building awareness of behavioural differences;
- Learning about one's own personal workplace behavioural profile (DiSC);
- Understanding the expectations of academic leaders in a changing academic environment and understanding the governance framework;
- Exercising leadership by developing effective leader-follower relationships; and
- Exercising leadership by playing an active role in performance development.
When: Friday, November 16, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Room MB-2.130, John Molson School of Business Building (1450 Guy St.), Sir George Williams Campus
Registation deadline: November 5, 2012
Brown has an extensive career in higher education and administration, culminating in ten years as president and vice-chancellor of Mount Saint Vincent University, a position from which she retired in 2006.
Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia she has continued her academic career as a consultant specializing in higher education talent development and a Professional Associate of the Centre for Higher Education Research and Development (CHERD) at the University of Manitoba. An Honours graduate of Cambridge University, she also holds an MA and PhD from the University of Alberta. She was honoured with the Queen’s Jubilee Medal and received the Distinguished Member Award of the Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education in 2006.
Brown was selected five times as one of Atlantic Business Magazine’s “Top 50 CEOs in Atlantic Canada” and, in 2005, she was one of the first four inductees into the “Top 50 CEOs in Atlantic Canada Hall of Fame.”
Breakfast is served at 8:15 a.m., the workshop begins at 9 a.m. A hot lunch is provided on-site.
To register for this workshop, inform Silvana Novembre by email (email@example.com) no later than November 5, 2012.
Spaces are limited for this workshop. Registration is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
This workshop is specifically designed for academic leaders. Other similar workshops, specifically designed for managers and staff members, are offered by Human Resources through the Learning and Development Calendar.
• Centre for Academic Leadership
• View the event poster
• Learning and Development Calendar