All interested Concordians are invited to make an appointment beginning October 15, 2012, for the annual flu vaccine clinic at Concordia Health Services. The administration of vaccines begins November 14.
Individuals in the following categories are eligible for the vaccine free of charge:
- Healthy adults over 60 years of age.
- People with long-term chronic medical conditions (e.g. heart, lung or kidney disease, asthma, diabetes etc.).
- People with lower resistance to infection because of cancer or other immunological disorders.
- People with a child less than 23 months of age.
- Pregnant women in good health and in their second or third trimester.
- People who live with an individual at risk, especially those confined to their homes.
- Health care workers and any other worker or volunteer with frequent contact with people in high-risk groups.
People who do not meet the above criteria and want to be vaccinated will be charged $20. Only cash payment is accepted.
To book an appointment, call 514-848-2424, ext. 5276. When leaving a message, please include the following information:
- ID number
- phone number
- preferred campus for receiving the vaccination
- whether or not the criteria have been met for the free vaccination
Appointments may also be made now for a flu vaccine clinic held in the atrium of the J.W. McConnell Library Building (1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.) all day Thursday, November 22, 2012.
• Health Services
• Quebec Health and Social Services