Each year, the Hydro-Québec Montreal Regional Science and Technology Fair (known as Expo-sciences) welcomes more than 15,000 high school and CEGEP students to exhibit science projects developed during the school year.
From March 27 to 29 this year, Concordia’s Sir George Williams Campus will host the provincial English-language school portion of the event (around 300 high school and CEGEP students).
This is an opportunity to volunteer at one of the biggest science fairs in the province. In addition to having a front row seat to science projects produced by hundreds of young people, volunteers can enjoy free refreshments, and look great in the free T-shirt!
Event organizers are looking for energetic bilingual people for numerous activities, such as helping students with their exhibits, aiding with registration, answering questions, and assisting with many logistical matters.
The invitation extends to all current Concordia students, staff members, and members of the community. People are welcome to volunteer entire days, or just mornings, afternoons, and/or evenings.
- Saturday, March 26, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Sunday, March 27, between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Monday, March 28, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 29, between 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact Émilie Martel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer forms are available online (link below).
Hard copies are available at:
Sir George Williams Campus - Henry F. Hall Building (1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.)
- Dean of Students Office: Room H-637
- International Students Office: Room H-653
- Student Success Centre: Room H-481
Loyola Campus - Administrative Building (7141 Sherbrooke St. W.)
- Dean of Students Office: Room AD-121
- Student Success Centre: Room AD-101.
Forward completed forms to Émilie Martel at email@example.com. As the number of volunteer spaces is limited, please submit forms as soon as possible. The deadline to submit the volunteer form is Friday, February 18.
• Download the volunteer form
• View the entire Expo-sciences schedule and locations