Rules & enforcement
Parking Regulations & Traffic Safety
- Pay and Display tickets (proof of payment) must be visibly displayed on the dash of the vehicle.
- All parking stubs and reserved permits must be visibly displayed at all times.
- The permit displayed on the vehicle must be registered to the parked vehicle.
- Permit holders must abide by the terms of their Parking Agreements.
- Parking stubs and permits must be valid and cannot be reproduced, expired or altered.
- If you see another vehicle that has been broken into or has its lights on, please contact Parking at 514-848-2424, ext. 8777 or by email at email@example.com or call the Security Department at 514-848-2424, ext. 3717.
- Keep a six-foot distance from opening garage doors and do not go through until the door has stopped moving completely.
- Centre your vehicle in its parking space, do not park outside of the painted lines.
- Stop signs and speed bumps serve the same purpose in parking garages and grounds as they do on city streets.
- Keep your speed to 10 kph on the parking grounds.
- All traffic, parking signage and instructions must be observed.
- Overnight parking is not permitted in the indoor garages and the outdoor lots.
- The university's no-smoking policy applies to the indoor garages.
- Delivery vehicles musn't use the parking grounds, instead they must make arrangements with Facilities Management for drop offs at the designated loading docks.
There is no Parking:
- In all unauthorized spaces including:
- in front of fire hydrants
- in fire lanes
- in a No Parking area
- in front of building entrances and fire exits
- on the grass
- in a reserved parking space without the required permit
- in a space designated for disabled persons without the required permit
Parking & Traffic Safety
- Use your turn signal to let others know you are reaching your desired parking space.
- Look around before backing in and/or out of your parking space.
- Practice courtesy and the highest degree of caution, looking around for pedestrians, cyclists and other vehicles.
- Drive slowly during bad weather conditions such as low visibility, rain, snow and ice on the ground.
- Be mindful and respect the two way traffic directions.
- Keep the area clean and do not litter - throw your waste in the nearest bins.
- In the event of an accident, you must immediately report to Parking 514-848-2424 ext 8777 or Security at ext 3717.
The university is not responsible for lost or stolen items or damages to your vehicle and/or any contents left in your vehicle.
We recommend the following:
- Be sure to take your car keys with you and lock all doors and trunk before walking away.
- Do not leave valuable items in your vehicle such as wallets, electronic devices, bags with personal items, especially if they are visible.
Parking Fines and Penalties
Concordia University's parking facilities are patrolled on a regular basis and parking regulations and traffic safety are enforced.
Failure to respect the regulations and traffic safety may result in:
- A parking ticket/fine issued by the City of Montreal (at the vehicle owner's expense)
- Towing and removal of vehicle from the parking premises (at the vehicle owner's expense)
- Cancellation or suspension of a parking permit
- Loss of parking privileges in the parking facilities
The University also reserves the right to remove a vehicle from the grounds if it poses a safety concern, i.e. leaking fuel or other hazardous materials.