Biology Subject Guide
Online resources (by topic)
Online resources (by type)
Apps and mobile sites
- SciVerse Scopus Alerts: Search Scopus from your mobile device, send citations for articles of interest to your email, and create alerts that notify you when a particular article has been cited or new items have been added to a search you have already carried out
Check out other science apps here.
How to write a lab report
- Scientific Reports from the University of Wisconsin - Madison
- The Lab Report from the University of Toronto
Books at the Library:
- Making sense: a student's guide to research and writing:
Found in the Vanier Library, Reference section: QH 304 N67 2011. There is a very useful chapter called "Writing a Lab Report."
- A student handbook for writing in biology:
Excellent book in the Vanier library (3rd floor) with an excellent chapter entitled "Step-by-step instructions for preparing a laboratory report or scientific paper." (Chapter 4)