Centre for Instructional Technology
The John Molson School of Business has a tradition of leadership in adopting new technologies. CIT is the unit responsible for providing all levels of support for the school's IT services. These can be categorized as technical support, educational technology, systems services, and Research dataset support.
See below for some of the services provided by CIT.
What does instructional design mean? It is the process whereby an educational technologist assesses the needs of the learner and determines, with the professor, the desired learning outcome. Together, they design a course, tutorial or training session and decide how to best deliver the material: web-based, video, face-to-face or a combination of these approaches. CIT has two skilled educational technologists.
- Course development assistance
- Recommendation adn production of learning materials
- Project management
- Formative Evaluation
- Assurance Of Learning (AOL) guidance for AACSB accreditation
The desktop support provided covers the hardware, software, and the peripherals located in your MB office. The best way to place a support call is by either calling extension 7613, submitting a ticket using this webform, or emailing email@example.com.
Below is a sample of services provided:
- Consultation on purchases of computers, laptops and peripherals
- Setup of office computers and installation of supported software
- Proper licensing of software
- Support using equipment in MB conference rooms
- Network issues and security concerns
- Printer troubleshooting
A full list of IT services available within the university through Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS).
The MB classrooms are supported by IITS. For all technical assistance, please contact the MB - IITS depot located on Subbasement level 2. CIT has worked with IITS to produce the attached PDF on how to operate the classroom technology.
Survey and database services are offered to faculty and staff only. Contact CIT before commissioning work to be developed by a student so that we can properly support the end product.
- Assist in use of supported survey software
- Builds databases for online registration