In this section you will get all the information related to the current lab specialists of the John Dobson — Formula Growth Investment Room.
The Lab Specialists are present at the Trading Lab to help you with the computers, databases and software. Under no circumstance will the Lab Specialists do your assignment or extract data themselves for you. They are there to help you understand how to accomplish your task. They are also there to maintain a safe, clean, and quiet work environment.
Please make their job easier by respecting the lab rules.
Become a Lab Specialist
Would you like to work at the John Dobson – Formula Growth Investment Room and enhance your knowledge and confidence regarding financial databases and software? We are looking for good candidates.
- Offer software and database support to lab users
- Deliver training sessions on lab databases/tools
- Facilitate financial simulations
- In coordination with the lab coordinator, maintain and update User Help Files
- Report operational or software problems
- Control access to the lab
- Enforce lab rules
Salary: $12/hour after training
- Motivated, serious, and with good people skills
- JMSB student majoring in Finance
- FINA 385 and FINA 395 level of knowledge is required
- Basic knowledge of MS-Windows and MS-Excel
- Trading and/or industry experience is desirable but not necessary
How to apply
- Send your application to email@example.com
- Use Your Full Name: Lab Specialist Application as your email subject heading (i.e. John Smith: Lab Specialist Application)
- Be sure to include your phone number and preferred email address
- Write a paragraph describing why you would like to work in the lab
- Attach a one-page Resume/CV and/or include your Linkedin profile URL
We look forward to hearing from you.