Schedule an appointment to see your advisor to help you with your career management process. Advising appointments can be booked once you are fully registered with CMS and have attended a Resume/Cover Letter and Job Search Career Clinic. We have Undergraduate and Graduate Career Advisors available to meet with you.
Career Advisors will help you:
- Learn about possible job opportunities in your specific field.
- Make your resume and cover letter more targeted and employer friendly
- Practice and hone your interview skills
- Discover job search techniques to access the hidden job market
- Learn about new trends in your field
- Prepare an "action" plan
- Become a proactive job searcher.
- Practice your networking and self presentation skills
- Develop a career portfolio
- Market yourself more effectively
Once you have registered with CMS, you can schedule an appointment with your career advisor. However, you will be required to attend a Resume/Cover Letter clinic and a Job Search Strategies clinic before scheduling your appointment.
CMS appointments are in high demand, so if you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment, please call CMS to let us know one working day in advance so that your time slot can be reallocated to another student.
A “no show” is when someone who misses an appointment without cancelling it one working day in advance. Failure to appear on time for a scheduled appointment will be recorded in a student’s file as a “no show”. Three “no shows” in one semester will result in the temporary suspension of services to that student. In order to reinstate services, the student will be required to meet with the Director of Career Management Services to discuss the situation.
- CMS for students
- Services offered
- What Can I Do With My Degree?
- C-RISE: Career Roadmap for International Student Excellence
- Volunteer programs
- Services offered