PhD program start date: Fall 2015
Expected graduation date: Fall 2020
Current phase of study: Phase I/II (Courses)
Research Interests: Work-family crossover/spillover, work-nonwork boundary strength, work-school spillover, leadership, control systems in teams, austrian strategy logic
My name is Phil Couturier and I have been a student here at Concordia since 2005, when I initially started my bachelor’s degree. All these years later and many degrees later, I'm still here trying to get my PhD. Although my professional background is in accounting (I'm currently a CPA Auditor, CA), I have always had an interest in studying people, which likely explains why I'm currently pursuing a PhD in organizational behavior. So far my time in the program has been invaluable. I have learned a great deal and have met many interesting people along the way. I only hope that my good experience continues.
- MBA, Business Administration, Concordia University, Montreal, 2014
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accountancy, Accountancy, Concordia University, Montreal, 2012
- BSc., Statistics, Concordia University, Montreal, Montreal, 2008
Academic and Teaching Experience
- Advanced Taxation (ACCO 440), Concordia University, Summer 2015, Winter 2016, marker
- Auditor, Ernst & Young, Montreal, 2012 – 2014
- Accounting Coordinator, AVEOS fleet performance, Montreal, 2011 – 2012
- Exam Invigilator, Concordia University, Montreal, 2011 – 2012
- Sales Consultant, Blinds-to-Go, Montreal, 2008 – 2009
- A beautiful mind: Does general mental ability moderate the relationship between narcissism and counterproductive work behaviors? Couturier, P.
- Non-work/work role link: Examining the relationship between student stress and motivation orientations at work. Couturier, P.
- The Austrian vs. Industrial Organization strategy logics: Do product innovators or imitators have superior product performance in the emerging market of Brazil? Couturier, P.
- Examining how group-focused transformational and narcissistic leadership styles affect team subordinate pro-social behaviors through communion striving and status striving motivation. Couturier, P.
- Get off my back! How horizontal monitoring in teams affects team member satisfaction. Couturier, P.
- Out of bounds: Examining how changes in time deadline pressures affect changes in boundary strength at home over time in the public accountancy industry. Couturier, P.
- A study of the effects of normative institutional change on organizational change and survival in the Canadian textile industry. Couturier, P.