Master of Science (MSc)
Become an expert in your field.
The Master of Science programs develop industry specialists qualified to provide concrete business solutions. Students are grounded in one of Canada’s top business schools while benefiting from the experience of world-class faculty. The breadth and depth of research expertise available at JMSB ensures that MSc students can work closely with a faculty member in developing their thesis in an area they are passionate about.
New – MSc Thesis Awards from the Luc Beauregard Centre of Excellence in Communications Research
To stimulate and support new and innovative thinking and practice in public relations and communications, we are pleased to announce three new MSc thesis awards, each worth $5000. The ideal candidate should have completed or be near completion of his or her MSc thesis and the central theme of the thesis should relate to issues of importance in public relations and communications management.
National Bank Initiative in Entrepreneurship and Family Business
A major gift from Montreal-based National Bank is offering up to $10,000 in scholarships to JMSB Master of Science students with research interests in entrepreneurship and family business. Approved research projects may be selected from all three MSc programs.
Why the MSc at JMSB?
- Combine core and elective courses tailored to your specialized area of interest
- Develop advanced analytical and technical skills valued by employers
- Fast-track option to PhD
- Full-time and part-time study options
- Average age: 24
- Average GMAT: 630
- Percentage of women students: 62%
- Educational background: BComm/BBA 84%, BA 13%, ENCS 3%
After graduation international students may be eligible for a 3 year work permit in Canada.
To learn more consult: www.cic.gc.ca
Recent MSc Thesis titles
- Competitive Analysis of Poison Pills in the United States and Canada and their evolution in the American financial landscape
- Systemic Risk in the Banking Industry of the United States
- The Information Content of Corporate Governance Ratings
- Gold and Risk: A Comparison of the risk-adjusted performance of different Gold Investments
- Ownership Structure in U.S. Corporations
- What’s in it for Me? Competitive Strategy, Issue Interpretation and Practice Implementation in the Institutional Context
- Drawing Boundaries around Airlines and Multipartner Alliances: The Emergence and Institutionalization of Collaboration within the Global Airline Industry
- The Roles of Task Significance and Social Perceptions in Job Stress and Employee Engagement
- An In-depth Analysis of Autonomous Motivation: The Role of Social Media in Gaining Millennial's Support for Charitable Causes
- Leaders’ Trustworthiness and the Mediating role of Autonomy in Predicting Employee Performance and Turnover Intentions
- It Smells Crowded: An Experimental Investigation of Olfactory Influence on Spatial Perception
- Product Involvement as a Moderator in Hedonic Versus Utilitarian Attribute Trade-Offs
- Wise in One's Own Conceit: The Effect of Direct-to-Consumer Advertising (DTCA) on Consumer's Perceived Medical Knowledge
- Benchmarking of Advertising Efficiency in U.S. Car Market Using Data Envelopment Analysis
- I’m Too Sexy (Exciting, Sophisticated, and Sincere) For My Brands: Menstrual Cycle Effects on Attitudes Toward Brand Personalities
Please visit Spectrum, Concordia University's Research Repository to access the complete theses.
UpcomingSep. 27Come meet a recruiter from Concordia's JMSB @ Queen's Career Fair 10:30 a.m. — 3:30 p.m.