*Program starting in Fall 2017.
The MBA Admissions Committee reviews every application on an individual basis. The Committee looks for students with real-world work experience, strong academic credentials, clear career objectives, strong intellectual ability and leadership potential, superior interpersonal and communication skills, motivation, maturity, and a commitment to excellence. Additional criteria, such as a record of active community involvement (although not required), may also be taken into consideration.
The selection process is competitive and thorough and candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible to the admission cycle of their choice. Candidates will be interviewed.
Canadians & Permanent Residents:
- June 1 for September entry (Fall Term)
- October 1 for January entry (Winter Term)
International (Study Permit) applicants:
- March 1 for September entry (Fall Term)
- June 1 for January entry (Winter Term)
Note: Applications will be considered as long as there is space available.
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, with minimum GPA of 3.0/4.3
Total education should equal 16 years, including the bachelor’s degree accepted as equivalent by the Council for Graduate Studies. See a listing of international equivalencies.
- Two-years minimum full-time relevant work experience.
- A GMAT score of 580 or better.
- A student whose primary language is not English must write a pre-admissions English proficiency test (TOEFL iBT minimum score 90 or IELTS minimum score 7.0), if not exempted as indicated below. Test results must be reported directly to the Admissions Application Centre by the test centre. Results more than two years old will not be accepted as proof of language proficiency.
- Quebec applicants who have completed a Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) and a university degree in Quebec;
- A minimum of three full years of study either at the undergraduate or graduate level in an institution where the sole language of instruction is English.
- Video interview
International (Study Permit) Students
To learn more about coming to Canada as a student, you might find it helpful to visit the pages at Concordia University’s International Students Office.
After reviewing the Admission Requirements the following items must be submitted before the application deadline:
- $100 (CAD) Application Fee
A non-refundable application fee paid online by credit card.
- Application Form
An online application form must be completed.
- Statement of Purpose
Applicants must provide a Statement of Purpose indicating their reason for choosing the MBA, their career goals, and how the program will contribute to achieving those goals. Statement of Purpose should be approximately 500 words in length.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Applicants must include an updated resume.
- Three Letters of Reference*
Applicants must include three academic or professional reference letters evaluating prior performance, appropriateness of the MBA degree and potential for future business leadership:
a) Your employer must submit a letter written on company letterhead and bearing an original signature. The letter must be sent directly to Concordia University from the company or sealed in an envelope with the referee’s signature across the back flap.
b) Professors must submit both the Academic Assessment form and a letter written on the institution’s letterhead and bearing an original signature. The letter must be submitted directly to Concordia University from the institution or sealed in an envelope with the referee’s signature across the back flap.
Faxed copies and opened letters delivered by students will not be accepted.
- Official Transcripts*
Applicants must include official transcripts of all previous university studies. International applicants must provide official university documents confirming the degree(s) they have received. These documents must be translated into English or French if they are in another language.
- Official GMAT Score (minimum of 580)
For information on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) please visit mba.com.
- Official English Proficiency Test (where applicable)
A student whose primary language is not English must write a pre-admission proficiency test (TOEFL iBT minimum score 90 or IELTS minimum score 7.0), if not exempted as indicated in the admissions requirements. Test results must be reported directly to the Admissions Application Centre by the test centre. Results more than two years old will not be accepted as proof of language proficiency.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residence, or Refugee Status (where applicable)
Where applicable, applicants must include a certified copy of their birth certificate, Permanent Resident card, Canadian Citizen Card, or Refugee Status papers. International students must include a copy of their current passport.
- Additional requirement
Video interview: Candidates will receive a seperate email explaining the interview process.
*Letters of reference and official transcripts must be sent directly to Concordia University:
To apply for admission you will need to follow the steps in the guide for the online application process.
- You may save your application at any point, allowing you to partially complete the process (if necessary) and return to it later.
- Be sure to have a valid credit card ready (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) for the application fee and a valid email address for correspondence.
Provide your name, date of birth, first language, email address and other details. Please ensure that all information is accurate and coincides with all your official supporting documents. The email address you provide here will be the one we use to communicate with you throughout the admissions process.
In this section you also have the option of specifying if you wish to apply to one of Concordia’s specialized colleges, schools or institutes.
Application Fee: To finalize your application, you need to agree to our terms and conditions, and pay a non-refundable application fee ($100 CAD) by credit card or debit card. Please note: we accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and the following debit cards: Scotiabank, Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank or TD Canada Trust.
If you do not have access to a valid credit card, you may request a PDF of the application form by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a PDF application takes longer to process.
Once you submit your online application, you will receive a confirmation email that prompts you to create a username and password for the MyConcordia Portal. This email will include a eight-digit student ID number that you will use throughout your studies at Concordia.
If you did not receive a confirmation email, check your junk mail folder. If it’s not there either, call at 514-848-2424, extension 2668 and request that we mail you your student ID number. If you have any technical difficulties with your online application please contact the Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS) Helpline.
You may check the status of your application or upload missing documents on the MyConcordia portal.
- Visit the MyConcordia portal.
- Find the tab Application Center in the left-hand column. You can verify your status and see which documents the university has received.
- Applicants will be interviewed.
Once you’ve received your letter of acceptance, you should visit our new student pages and prepare for your new career as a grad student!
International students: Please visit the International students’ pages for important information including study permits and living in Montreal.
- Master of Business Administration
- The full-time & part-time MBA advantage
- Program details
- Tuition & aid
- Beyond the classroom
- Alumni profiles
- Current students
- International students