The JMSB MBA Admissions Committee reviews every application on an individual basis. The Committee looks for students with real-world work experience, strong academic credentials, clear career objectives, strong intellectual ability and leadership potential, superior interpersonal and communication skills, motivation, maturity, and a commitment to excellence. Additional criteria, such as a record of active community involvement (although not required), may also be taken into consideration.
The selection process is competitive and thorough and candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible to the admission cycle of their choice.
Canadians & Permanent Residents:
- June 1 for September entry (Fall Term)
- October 1 for January entry (Winter Term)
International (Study Permit) applicants:
- February 15 for September entry (Fall Term)
- June 15 for January entry (Winter Term)
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, with minimum GPA of 3.0/4.3
Total education should equal 16 years, including the bachelor’s degree accepted as equivalent by the Council for Graduate Studies. See a listing of international equivalencies.
- Two-years minimum full-time work experience
- A GMAT score of 580 or better. View brief video about the GMAT requirement.
- A student whose primary language is not English must write a pre-admissions English proficiency test (TOEFL iBT minimum score 90 or IELTS minimum score 7.0), if not exempted as indicated below. Test results must be reported directly to the Admissions Application Centre by the test centre. Results more than two years old will not be accepted as proof of language proficiency.
- Quebec applicants who have completed a Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) and a university degree in Quebec;
- A minimum of three full years of study either at the undergraduate or graduate level in an institution where the sole language of instruction is English.
Canadians and Permanent Residents (Domestic Applicants)
Watch the video to find out about the minimum admission criteria, documents to submit, admission periods and application deadlines for students who hold Canadian citizenship or have been granted a Canadian Permanent Residence visa.
International (Study Permit) Students
Watch the video to find out about the minimum admission criteria, documents to submit, admission periods and application deadlines for all students who need a permit to study in Canada. To learn more about coming to Canada as a student, you might find it helpful to visit the pages at Concordia University’s International Students Office.
After reviewing the Admission Requirements the following items must be submitted before the application deadline:
- $100 (CAD) Application Fee
A non-refundable application fee paid online by credit card.
- Application Form
An online application form must be completed.
- Statement of Purpose
Applicants must provide a Statement of Purpose indicating their reason for choosing the MBA, along with a statement of career goals and how the program will contribute to achieving those goals. Statement of Purpose should be approximately 500 words in length.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Applicants must include an updated resume.
- Three Letters of Reference*
Applicants must include three academic or professional reference letters evaluating prior performance, appropriateness of the MBA degree and potential for future business leadership:
a) Your employer must submit a letter written on company letterhead and bearing an original signature. The letter must be sent directly to Concordia University from the company or sealed in an envelope with the referee’s signature across the back flap.
b) Professors must submit both the Academic Assessment form and a letter written on the institution’s letterhead and bearing an original signature. The letter must be submitted directly to Concordia University from the institution or sealed in an envelope with the referee’s signature across the back flap.
Faxed copies and opened letters delivered by students will not be accepted.
- Official Transcripts*
Applicants must include official transcripts of all previous university studies. International applicants must provide official university documents confirming the degree(s) they have received. These documents must be translated into English or French if they are in another language.
- Official GMAT Score (minimum of 580)
For information on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) please visit mba.com.
- Official English Proficiency Test (where applicable)
A student whose primary language is not English must write a pre-admission proficiency test (TOEFL iBT minimum score 90 or IELTS minimum score 7.0), if not exempted as indicated in the admissions requirements. Test results must be reported directly to the Admissions Application Centre by the test centre. Results more than two years old will not be accepted as proof of language proficiency.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residence, or Refugee Status (where applicable)
Where applicable, applicants must include a certified copy of their birth certificate, Permanent Resident card, Canadian Citizen Card, or Refugee Status papers. International students must include a copy of their current passport.
*Letters of reference and official transcripts must be sent directly to Concordia University:
P.O. Box 2002, Station H
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
To apply for admission you need to log in to Connect2Concordia.ca. This how-to guide will lead you through the online application process.
- You may save your application at any point, allowing you to partially complete the process (if necessary) and return to it later.
- Be sure to have a valid credit card ready (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) for the application fee and a valid email address for correspondence.
After you log into Connect2Concordia.ca, look for the Apply Now link to get started. This will connect you to the Concordia Online Application and will end your Connect2Concordia session.
Once you are in the Personal Application Center, click on "Start a New Application"
Provide the following information:
- Specify the level of study you are applying for. Choose Graduate.
- Specify the session and year you are apply for.
- Choose the category: North America or International
Provide your name, date of birth, first language, email address and other details. Please ensure that all information is accurate and coincides with all your official supporting documents. The email address you provide here will be the one we use to communicate with you throughout the admissions process.
In this section you also have the option of specifying if you wish to apply to one of Concordia’s specialized colleges, schools or institutes.
Application Fee: To finalize your application, you need to agree to our terms and conditions, and pay a non-refundable application fee by credit card – Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
If you do not have access to a valid credit card, you may request a PDF of the application form via your personal mailbox within Connect2.Concordia.ca. Please note that the PDF application takes longer to process.
Once you submit your online application, you will receive a confirmation email that prompts you to create a username and password for the MyConcordia Portal. This email will include a seven digit student ID number that you will use throughout your studies at Concordia.
If you did not receive a confirmation email, check your junk mail folder. If it’s not there either, call at 514-848-2424, extension 2668 and request that we mail you your student ID number. If you have any technical difficulties with your online application please contact the Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS) Helpline.
You may check the status of your application or upload missing documents on the MyConcordia portal.
- Visit the MyConcordia portal
- Find the tab Application Center in the left-hand column. You can verify your status and see which documents the university has received.
Once you’ve received your letter of acceptance, you should visit out new student pages and prepare for your new career as a grad student!
- Master of Business Administration
- The John Molson MBA Advantage
- Program details
- Tuition & aid
- Beyond the classroom
- Alumni profiles
- Current students