Fuller Landau family business awards
To honor and celebrate the most progressive privately-held family enterprises in Quebec that portray entrepreneurial dynamism and excel in their contributions to our community and economy.
Who can be nominated?
Any Quebec-based privately-held family-owned business, with multi-generational participation in ownership and/or management, and whose policies and business practices have had a positive impact on the business and community.
Who can nominate?
Nominations can be submitted by the company or by associated parties.
All nominating forms must be received by February 28, 2013 to be considered for the 2013 Fuller Landau Family Business Awards.
Nomination & Application Process
- Nomination forms can be submitted by the company or by associated parties
- Nominations must be received by February 28, 2013
- Selected nominees will be invited to submit a full application
- Full applications will be due by March 31, 2013
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for the award
Awards will be handed out in three categories:
- Small (less than 25 full-time employees AND less than $1 million in annual revenues)
- Medium (25–100 full-time employees OR between $1 million and $5 million in annual revenues)
- Large (more than 100 full-time employees OR over $5 million in annual revenues)
Please note that the selection of the category by the candidate may be modified by the selection committee. After the evaluation of the company and its responses to the questions, the candidate may be transferred to a more appropriate category.
Nominations will be reviewed by a panel of judges co-Chaired by Dr. Alexandra Dawson. Five voting members of the judging panel include:
- Dr. Alexandra Dawson
Assistant Professor, JMSB Concordia University
- Terry Didus
Partner, Heenan Blaikie LLP
- J. Sebastian van Berkom
President and CEO, van Berkom and Associates Inc.
- Ms. Danièle Henkel
Founder and President, Les Entreprises Danièle Henkel
(2012 award recipient in the Medium-Sized Business category)
- Ms. Natanya Khazzam
Vice-President, Heritage Linencraft
(2012 award recipient in the Large-Sized Business category)
Mr. Michael Newton, Managing Partner, Fuller Landau will serve as a non-voting member on the panel.
The judging panel will evaluate the nominations and select the winners based on the following criteria:
- Financial success of the company
- Quality of business and family linkages
- Multi-generational family involvement
- Contributions to the community and industry
- Innovative business practices or strategies