Instructional and Information Technology Services (IITS) provides fundamental university-wide technology services to faculty, staff and students. IITS aims to provide the Concordia community with advanced IT resources and quality customer service in order to meet its diverse research, educational and departmental needs.
The unit’s operational responsibilities include:
- Working with specific academic departments with special needs to provide complementary services where this is beneficial and cost-effective.
- Delivering a standard level of computing, communications and instructional technology services to fulfill the principal needs related to research activities of the university.
- Providing comprehensive and effective information services to administrative departments. In particular, supporting the Management Information System (MIS) initiative with an appropriate balance of skills and equipment.
- Protecting the university's investment in information technology, with detailed plans for equipment renewal and disaster protection and recovery.
- Keeping abreast of developments in instructional and information technology in order to provide recommendations on long-term strategy and direction.
- Acting as a general resource for the university community. In consultation with appropriate user representation, select and recommend computing, communications and instructional technology solutions to most effectively meet the institution's goals.
- Promoting the use of national and international standards in the areas of information, communications and media technology.
Services provided are managed by five core departments within IITS: