Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SUPERVISOR, SHIPPING AND RECEIVING (C5552)
Deadline: May 31, 2019
This position represents a full-time contract until September 30, 2021.
Reporting to the General Manager, Concordia Stores, the incumbent supervises all shipping, receiving, returns, warehousing and inventory control of merchandise received and sold. He/She provides excellent customer service to employees, staff and administrators, ensuring timely receiving, shipment and returns of all merchandise
- Assign daily workload to staff; monitor personnel to ensure the accuracy of information entered in the inventory management system as well as daily compliance with policies and procedures.
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving loading dock to storage and work area; ensure that shipments and receiving’s are properly counted, verified and recorded.
- Inform freight companies and internal stakeholders of missing or damaged shipments, pricing issues, duplicate, and short shipments problems; generate claims and follow up with distributors when necessary; oversee daily interuniversity book program, incoming/outgoing books, tag generation, and data entry.
- Maintain an accurate perpetual inventory of all merchandise; monitor and investigate variances related to receiving documents including purchase orders (PO), courier forms and transfers; maintain and organize warehouse to ensure efficiency and best use of space as well as conducting cyclical stocktaking events as planned.
- Ensure return of merchandise is carried out in a timely and cost effective manner; continually review freight costs to keep cost down and arrange shipment consolidations in the most time and cost efficient manner.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the General Manager damaged or stalled merchandise in the Shipping and Receiving warehouse.
- Hire, train and prepare schedules for casual part time staff, track casual employee working hours and process payroll online for all casual employees.
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair; ensure work area is kept organized, clean and safe at all times and that staff are respecting safety protocols.
- Update and/or create shipping and receiving, loss prevention, and health and safety policies and procedures. Ensure that all policies and procedure are understood and being respected by staff members.
- Diploma of collegial studies (3 year technical Diploma) in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently on several projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, with ability to work independently and lead a team.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French language skills.
- Knowledge of the University and of shipping/receiving operations is an asset.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends during peak periods.
- Have physical ability to lift/carry/move without assistance up to 23 kg (50 lbs.) and with assistance over 45 kg (100 lbs.)
$56,713.00 - $65,802.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 31, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities