Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MANAGER, ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (P5078B)
Deadline: May 27, 2019
This posting represents a full-time temporary assignment replacement position effective until December 23, 2021.
Reporting to the AVP, Finance and Controller, the incumbent manages the Accounts Payable operations including leading a team to deliver services to the Concordia community while ensuring strong efficiencies and the effectiveness of processes. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure compliance with University policies as well as external regulations. He/she is responsible, where required, for functional liaison and follow-up with a number of University areas as well as external vendors to the University to resolve difficult problems that may arise.
- Recommend to the AVP, Finance and Controller the hiring of Accounts Payable staff.
- Enforce and control application of the University’s procurement, travel and hospitality related policies.
- Update, as required, the handbooks related to the travel, hospitality and petty cash policies to ensure optimal processing and efficiencies
- Support and provide guidance to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable.
- Liaise with colleagues within Financial Services to ensure continued workflow efficiency is maintained.
- Ensure that the requirements of auditors (external and internal) are met; ensure that information is available for their review and investigate any problem.
- Ensure that government tax regulations and university policies are communicated to and adhered to by Accounts Payable staff. Inform staff of any changes and ensure that any necessary training is done.
- Compile and provide to the AVP, Finance and Controller with statistical analysis related to Accounts Payable operations
- Develop and implement unit’s objectives and operating plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Commerce with a major in Accountancy or a relevant field and four to seven years of related work experience in accounting, principally in the sector of Accounts Payable, including at least four years of experience in employee supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement cycle, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and provincial and federal government tax requirements.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s Financial Information Systems (Banner) highly desirable
- Advanced knowledge of payment techniques enhance by technology.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to provide detailed explanations and reports on complex matters.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel, and Access (to create and format documents, spreadsheets and databases); proven knowledge of financial systems.
- Exceptional analytical and research skills, and ability to synthesize large volumes of data.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong ability to prioritize tasks and to multitask in a high volume environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously.
- Availability to work evenings during peak periods.
$72,918.00 to $84,604.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 27, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities