Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GOVERNMENT REPORTING ANALYST (P1971)
Deadline: May 23, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Government Reporting and Statistics, the incumbent analyzes statistical and nominative data on student enrolment and creates reports for internal stakeholders such as student associations, academic and administrative departments and senior administration. He/she coordinates all activities related to the Quebec Inter-University Web-based approval system through BCI (Bureau de Coopération Interuniversitaire).
- Design queries to extract, analyze, compile, verify and transform statistical and nominal information into reports related to recruitment, admissions, enrolment, student status and demographics.
- Analyze stakeholder data needs and assess how these may be met by SIS database structure.
- Analyze coding anomalies and determine correction procedures.
- Coordinate all activities related to the INTU Web-approval system.
- Ensure the timely and accurate transfer of data from the INTU system to SIS and vice versa.
- Respond to student and faculty inquiries and external stakeholders including CREPUQ and other universities.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis from various internal clients.
- Identify areas for improvements and make recommendations to the Manager on appropriate corrective actions and follow up on decisions.
- Participate in the establishment of procedures in conjunction with the Manager.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of Enrolment Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field and one to two years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to provide information and guidance, prepare correspondence and reports, to communicate with students and to liaise with various departments. Basic knowledge of (Level 3) spoken and written French in order to give out information, and respond to e-mail inquiries.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft WORD and PowerPoint (to format presentations); advanced knowledge of Excel and basic knowledge of Access (to build queries of the student data base).
- Extensive knowledge of the Student Information System.
- Basic knowledge of statistics, strong analytical, logical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Excellent, interpersonal, and communications skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Keen attention to details.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both member of a team and independently.
$55,664.71 – $66,485.46 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 23, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities