Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BASIS ADMINISTRATOR, INTERMEDIATE (C1907)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
This posting represents a two (2) year full-time contract.
Reporting to the Director, Application Portfolio Management, the incumbent ensures the safety and security of University database/S4 assets. He/she is responsible for the administration, performance, upgrades, general maintenance and effective operation of the S4/Hanna (HR and Finance) system.
- Build, configure and maintain environments for SAP/ HANA lifecycle/availability management on virtualized as well as traditional infrastructure; maintain and recover instances as needed.
- Apply transports and follow up/create OSS Notes.
- Configure solution manager and perform administrative support via the solution manager tool.
- Analyze upgrades, patches and deliverables; ensure that the deployment process is followed.
- Configure and manage SAP printing subsystem.
- Administer SAP database in conjunction with the DB Administrator.
- Monitor SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc).
- Analyze, develop, maintain data architectures and process models.
- Provide management with performance metrics and tune system appropriately.
- Apply patches and perform upgrades.
- Assist developers with tuning on performance of applications.
- Liaise and communicate with internal clients and team members.
- Undertake other tasks project related tasks as requested by the Director.
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science and two to four years of experience amongst which two years of experience must be within a Basis role.
- Certified SAP technical professional desirable.
- Previous experience with large scale implementation projects as a Basis admin; experience maintaining production, development and recovery systems.
- Experience in an academic environment is an asset.
- Experience with HANA, Oracle, MSSQL.
- Experience with SAP GRC, NetWeaver, BW.
- Experience with windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience and general understanding of ITIL procedures.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
$64,770.00 - $77,407.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 30, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities