Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FACULTY OF FINE ARTS
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (P2443B)
Deadline: May 16, 2019
Reporting to the Director of Administration, Fine Arts and functional reporting to the Manager, Student Academic Services, the incumbent acts as a resource for students, faculty and staff to solve their problems and give them information on administrative procedures and services. He/she supports the daily operations of the Student Academic Services (SAS) by providing front line assistance.
- Respond to all telephone, in-person and e-mail inquiries received; provide information and assistance to current students and potential applicants to programs, as well as staff and Faculty members; refer or direct inquiries to the appropriate person or department as required.
- Create and prepare correspondence, documents, forms, and reports using appropriate office information systems.
- Assist students with registration; Respond to, and resolve, all directed inquiries from students and departments to ensure an effective registration process.
- Provide administrative support for the following SAS and student-related administrative functions: admissions, transfer of program, registration, advising, timetables, grades, student requests, graduation evaluations, exchange programs, student awards, student recruitment.
- Provide administrative support to SAS staff, as well as to various committees; schedule meetings, prepare agendas and minutes. Ensure timely delivery of materials needed for recruitments and other purposes, as needed.
- Maintain and monitor websites and social media, as required for SAS and the Dean’s Office.
- Monitor SAS budget; verify ledgers and produce reports and summaries for the Manager, SAS.
- Make recommendations to improve administrative procedures; implement changes and improvements as determined by the Department.
- Manage schedules for Counselors and Recruitment Officer, book appointments as required.
- Screen and distribute mail; maintain University filing system and coordinate supply and printing of forms, including but not limited to Program Guides, Student Request, and Academic Reevaluations applications.
- Perform administrative duties related to the SAS and Office of the Dean, including but not limited to: inventory and ordering of office supplies, archiving, DPrint, facilitating the signing of faculty hiring contracts.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2-year pre-university DEC) and two to four years related work experience, preferably in a senior administration office within an educational environment.
- Experience in a university or college environment desirable.
- Experience and ease in working with creative individuals and individuals from diverse backgrounds is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Good Knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Word and Excel and basic knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work with sensitive, confidential matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, diverse, client-oriented office environment.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE115-14A and that the associated salary range is $26.00 to $31.27 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 16, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities