Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST
SOCIAL INNOVATION COORDINATOR (C1913)
Deadline: May 15, 2019
This posting represents a one-year full-time contract position (possibility of renewal).
Reporting to the Vice-Provost of Partnerships and Experiential Learning, the incumbent works with members of a high-level project team to operationalize plans for programs and activities at Concordia focused on social transformation. He/she completes administrative tasks, compiles information, provides support to committees, manages budgets, and maintains linkages with internal and external constituencies.
- Provide operational planning and coordination, administrative support, project management, resource management and external outreach services for high-visibility initiatives.
- Develop timelines and work plans related to the development of programs and activities.
- Develop and aligns input from stakeholders, and organizes the implementation of strategic initiatives for the Vice-Provost.
- Plan and organize meetings and work sessions for groups of faculty, students, and senior administrative staff, includes scheduling, report and agenda preparation, record keeping, and communications.
- Track progress and manage follow-ups on a diverse array of activities for the project team; ensure action is taken by relevant deadlines.
- Liaise with external organizations to set meetings and follow up on decisions.
- Develop budgets, create and manage accounts, and act as primary liaison with budget officers in the Office of the Provost.
- Provides project management services (cost, resources, schedule and performance) and information analysis and synthesis for projects and initiatives.
- Prepare on-boarding plans and materials for new employees.
- Follow-up and contribute to committees as requested by the Vice-Provosts.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Vice-Provost related to social transformation initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects on tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collegially with a wide array of individuals and groups.
- Prior experience in budget management
- Project management certificate or other similar credential desirable.
- Experience managing the operations of an academic unit and experience in university systems are assets.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word (format documents, review/comment/redline documents, do mail merges) and of Excel (create spreadsheets and charts); PowerPoint (to create presentations), Adobe Acrobat; very good knowledge of Outlook (maintaining schedules, organizing meetings, tasks, group emails, contacts and other information, follow-ups) and scanning documents.
- Sound judgment and discretion.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
$59,970.00 - $71,672.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 15, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities