Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT RECRUITMENT INFORMATION OFFICER (P1969)
Deadline: May 13, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment, the incumbent will provide information to potential students via social media and other web-based tools. He/she will act on behalf of prospective students and applicants in collecting information and advice from departments and faculties.
- Contribute towards the preparation and execution of established University recruitment strategies, with a particular emphasis on social media and web-based outreach.
- Provide current, prospective and former students with general information concerning programs and offering assistance in interpreting University policies.
- Act as a liaison and advocate on behalf of individual prospective students and applicants in collecting information and finding answers to questions.
- Maintain liaison with other University recruiters to ensure integration of various recruitment strategies and research.
- Monitor and recommend new electronic tools for use in student recruitment strategies.
- Monitor and maintain content and performance of electronic recruitment systems in currently in use (EZ Recruit and Intelliresponse).
- Participate in recruitment events and school/CEGEP visits both on and off-campus.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years of work experience in student recruitment and or public relations
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of French in order to inform students and to communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
- Advanced knowledge of social medial environments including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, QQ, and Sino-Weibo. Basic knowledge of Word (to work with documents) and good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel and PowerPoint (to work with spreadsheets and to prepare and update presentations).
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts and to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents.
- Outgoing personality who thrives on working with the public.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Required to travel and to work flexible hours.
$55,664.71 - $66,485.46 per annum.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 13, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities