Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
DIRECTOR – HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION, HRIS AND PROJECTS (C5550)
Deadline: June 28, 2019
This posting represents a five (5) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Human Resources, working in a complex and multi-unionized environment, the incumbent is responsible for the collegial, effective and efficient operations of human resources related administration, the HRIS team, HR business process reviews, HR policies reviews and Records Management. He/she provides strategic leadership, support and input on various HR projects and initiatives - including but not limited to HRIS, and provides ‘best in class’ service to internal and external clients.
- Make recommendations to the AVPHR regarding business process optimization and the effective and efficient functioning of the HR department as appropriate.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of Records Management and business process reviews.
- Provide leadership for HRIS team and ensures an efficient service to all clients.
- Participate in operational and strategic planning in the HR Department and is a member of the HR Management team.
- Provide support for AVPHR in areas of strategic planning, best practices, briefings and research. Support Directors in their initiatives as required.
- Manage and recommend revision of existing HR policies and ensure development and implementation of new HR policies as required.
- Provide support and coordination for project related work, including making recommendations as appropriate.
- Establish partnerships with external partners to become familiar with their needs and concerns regarding HR related processes and data including HRIS.
- Manage and coordinate all access to information requests.
- Recruit and manage staff of HRIS, Records Management teams; set objectives, assess needs and professional development.
- Participate on internal and external committees, representing Human Resources.
- Manage and participate in special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as requested in support of the AVPHR and Directors team.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related field and seven to ten years’ experience in HR with at least three of managerial experience.
- CHRP designation an asset.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems.
- Possesses political astuteness and a reputation for discretion, integrity, good judgment, humility and responsiveness with a high degree of attention to detail and common sense.
- Strong knowledge of HR administrative processes with proven track record of implementing process improvements and change management.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to set individual and team priorities.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to initiate policies procedures, protocols, and correspondence; good knowledge of (Level 4) spoken and reading French and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization and to work with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated strength and superior communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently as well as lead a team, as well as success in developing productive relationships with other members.
- Proven experience in leading positively by example.
- Excellent customer service and customer relations competencies.
$100,904.00 - $117,031.00 per annum.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 28, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities