Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN (P1627)
Deadline: May 8, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Service Desk, the incumbent is responsible for providing support to end users for PC, applications and hardware. He/she delivers first line user support services to address the specific IT requirements of the Concordia student and academic community.
- Receive calls, e-mails, and walk-in IT support requests; analyze, troubleshoot and resolve incidents, requests and technical problems.
- Document all incidents and requests; manage the life-cycle, closing incidents/requests and notifying customers.
- Use advanced technical tools for access removal, monitoring, and/or troubleshooting.
- Prioritize and schedule problems; escalate problems as needed.
- Identify root causes of IT incidents and produce solutions or request changes to prevent their reoccurrence; restore disrupted services in a timely manner as the first line by deploying approved workarounds or permanent solutions.
- Process standard IT service requests for MyConcordia password and challenge question resets; manage access to user accounts for students, staff and faculty; manage email accounts (quota increases, passwords, aliases, change permissions, etc.).
- Contribute to the internal Service Desk knowledgebase and ensure information entered is up-to-date and accurate.
- Assist in producing technical documentation to be published online.
- Contribute to identifying recurring problems and liaise with second level groups.
- Assist with training of Service Desk Representatives (processes and incident management).
- Process requests for changes\ (access, configuration, maintenance, etc.) to the ITSM tool.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3-year technical program) in a related field with at least two years of relevant experience OR Diploma of Collegial Studies (2-year pre-university) in a relevant discipline with at least three years of related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience with MS Office and e-mail software such as Outlook or Mac Mail.
- Must be comfortable working with Windows, Android, iOS and MacOS platforms.
- Working knowledge of desktop and server operating systems; must be comfortable working with Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to ask questions to gather information and be able to respond with sensitivity; basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken and written French to respond to work-related questions.
- Strong customer-service focus with previous customer service experience.
- Superior customer service skills to handle complaints.
- Ability to decipher various technical support requests and assist others with troubleshooting.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment under pressure.
- Experience overseeing a team and/or working independently.
- Keen attention to detail; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Physical ability to handle computers at the Service Desk counter and in IITS labs (e.g. lift and carry computers up to 10 lbs) as well as crawl, kneel and/or crouch as required, as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to University’s satisfaction.
$ 22.24 to $ 33.31 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 8, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities