Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST -INTERMEDIATE (P5725)
Deadline: May 6, 2019
This is a full-time leave replacement effective until December 20, 2019.
Reporting to the Manager, Network Services, the incumbent is responsible for specifying and costing of the installation of university telephone and computer network facilities. He/she advises on existence and use of software and hardware that will satisfy future user requirements.
- Analyze requests for telecommunications services and propose appropriate, cost effective solutions.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for university telephony and data network systems.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the unit.
- Coordinate the activities of external contractors ensuring that work conducted in accordance with university policies and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and troubleshoot access layer network for data and telephone services.
- Ensure that work completed as specified and that any deficiencies are corrected.
- Assist in selecting and purchasing telecommunications hardware, software and services.
- Develop and communicate project scheduling to all of the relevant parties.
- Produce written cost quotations for proposed telecommunications solutions.
- Assist in producing documentation for community at large as well as for use internally to IITS.
- Maintain awareness of telecommunications technology.
- Bachelor's degree with one to two years of related experience.
- RCDD or relevant certification for cabling design.
- Technical knowledge of OSI layer, Cisco network, and different OS (Window, Mac, Linux).
- In-depth knowledge of computer network cabling and related infrastructure standards.
- Knowledge of Concordia University organization and procedures an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects and coordinate the activities of a number of different parties (Concordia resource staff, IITS staff, vendors).
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to communicate effectively with staff and faculty.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (to create, update and maintain documents and spreadsheets).
- Flexibility to independently work with others in variety of circumstances.
- Conveying technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong communications skills; ability to accurately capture end-user requirements and translate these into project specifications.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 6, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities