Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
RECREATION & ATHLETICS
MANAGER, CAMPUS RECREATION (C1901)
Deadline: May 6, 2019
This posting represents a three (3) year contract. This position requires an on-call status that is defined on an annual basis.
Reporting to the Director of Recreation and Athletics, the incumbent implements and executes the strategic development associated with enriching the educational experience of students, staff and faculty through health and wellness programs and recreational activities. He/she acts as a primary resource person for the strategic development, daily management, and promotion of campus recreation.
- Act as Center Director for the EV Fitness Center/ Le Gym.
- Responsible to oversee community programming and summer camps.
- Hire, train, schedule, assign work, monitor, evaluate, and motivate unit personnel.
- Manage the budget, the financial operations and payroll for Campus Recreation.
- Develop and implement marketing and pricing strategies in collaboration with colleagues to optimize participation and to maximize the programs` revenue potential.
- Develop, implement and conduct evaluations of recreational activities that are to constitute Campus Recreation at Concordia.
- Liaise with internal departments and external partners to coordinate and maximize and grow scheduled activities on both campuses.
- Assist in the planning of facilities development and upgrades to equipment as it relates to Campus Recreation.
- Perform other duties in support of the operations of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field desirable.
- Proven experience in the domain of health and fitness and recreational program delivery.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to prepare reports, proposals and promotional material and communicate effectively with staff and clients; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge of (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
$79,198.00 - $91,892.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 6, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities