Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST, REVENUE AND PLANNING (C4677)
Deadline: June 11, 2019
Repost. This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until May 31, 2022.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Financial Planning and Budgets, the incumbent prepares financial reports and provides high-level financial analysis using Concordia University’s Financial Information System (FIS), Student Information System (SIS), and the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). The incumbent acts as a liaison for Financial Services, interacting with the Office of Institutional Planning & Analysis, the Office of the Registrar, I.I.T.S., Faculties and other internal departments to gather, analyze, and produce information that has a direct impact on senior administrative decision-making, or that is required to meet governmental regulations.
- Perform University operating grant calculation in line with the MEES (Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur) published “règles budgétaires”.
- Understand and apply government grant regulations to revenue modeling, forecasting, and reporting.
- Account for and reconcile the University operating grant as well as the receivables from the government grant, in the financial system.
- Participate in the year-end audit process by preparing required information for external audit purposes.
- Prepare and analyze quarterly projections of the University operating grant, administration revenue and tuition fees.
- Compile and synthesize information from many different sources.
- Monitor and analyze variance between the University Student data and Government student data and assess impact on University revenues.
- Assist Senior Management in Financial Services with revenue modeling and other analyses as may be required.
- Coordinate special projects involving the collection of data, costing, and the organization of pertinent financial information.
- Perform costs analysis of student enrolment statistics that translate into government funded/non-funded revenues.
- Support the Senior Director Financial Planning and Budgets to analyze tuition revenues and forecasts trends for Concordia University.
- Assist with the development of new financial planning analysis, tools and reports.
- Provide graphics and visual presentations for formal presentations, as required by the Senior Director Financial Planning and Budgets.
- Analyze the impact of current reporting models in place and ensure that such models maximize current and future levels of funding.
- Undertake other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with four to seven years of relevant experience in budget/finance.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, budget and bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Accounting designation (CPA) is an asset.
- Financial modeling experience is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with Government and staff as well as to draft correspondence, documentation and reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel and basic knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s Financial Information Systems (Banner), Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Student Information Systems (SIS), desirable.
- Good understanding of business process analysis principles.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to make proposals and recommend solutions for immediate and long-term goals.
- Stong attention to details.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to work both as member of a team and independently.
$70,988.18 - $84,798.44 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 11, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities