Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
TESTING ANALYST, QUALITY ASSURANCE (C1910)
Deadline: May 1, 2019
This posting represents a one (1) year full-time contract.
Reporting to the Director, Application Portfolio Management, the incumbent develops test plans, strategy, testing quality, and effective rollout of the HR and Finance systems. He/she provides direction to a team of end users and/or testers during testing periods.
- Create and execute test strategies; create related project documentation.
- Create, validate and execute test plans; track bugs related to all tests and ensure that each is addressed.
- Attend project meetings and report on test plans.
- Analyze quality of test plans, code and deliverables; ensure that development and deployment process is followed.
- Work with the project team to align test plans with milestones
- Provide project management with metrics in regards to test phases and results
- Attend and assist with the coordination of each test phase; organize and assist with UAT testing.
- Undertake other tasks project related tasks as requested by the Director.
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science and four to seven years of experience amongst which two years of experience must be with testing.
- Experience with SAP projects desirable.
- Experience in an Academic environment and with automated testing tools are assets.
- Previous experience with large scale implementation projects in a tester capacity.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with business analysts, subject matter experts, and software architects to gather, clarify, and produce cohesive requirements or test plans
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills; dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Self starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
$64,770.00- $77,407.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 1, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities