Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE VICE-PROVOST DIGITAL STRATEGY AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
PROCESS ANALYST (C1905/C1908)
Deadline: April 30, 2019
This posting represents two (2) full-time contract positions effective until May 31, 2022.
Reporting to the Director, Process Transformation, the incumbent is an important member of the Process Review and Service Redesign project. He/She will contribute to the process redesign initiative and apply their knowledge of proven methodologies and techniques to help design and deliver efficient and functional digitally driven process improvements in a highly complex environment using existing technology and formal user experience concepts and methods. He-she will be responsible for designing and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing on all processes and create detailed plans to effectively communicate the strategy to stakeholders. The Process Review and Service Redesign project is part of the university’s Digital Strategy: http://www.concordia.ca/next-gen/digital-strategy/projects/process-review.html
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the latest developments within the university and higher education sector, as well as best practice in process development, user-centered design (UCD) and user-experience (UX) concepts and methodologies in order to provide advice and guidance on a range of challenges within the University.
- Define audience needs and translate those into concepts for compelling interactions and user experience. Identify, analyze, map and document current state ‘as-is’ processes, measure process performance in terms of effectiveness, resource requirements, and user satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively to identify user segments and function as the “voice of the user” by determining users wants, expectations, and pain points.
- Design, develop and document detailed new or refined ‘to-be’ processes, rules and workflows as well as improved way of working. Document functional/business requirements and prototype user experience and interaction specifications. Translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
- Facilitate design, concept and prototype sessions; develop an effective and efficient prototyping/storyboard process to communicate user experience visions to stakeholders.
- Design, plan and lead workshops with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach collaborative solutions, as well as support other stakeholder engagement activities, ensuring they are recorded and evaluated.
- Support staff with the implementation, testing and embedding of new processes. Conduct user-centered design research and usability testing.
- Collaborate with the Change Management Lead to plan and manage the human impact of change and assist with the communication and consultation with all impacted stakeholders.
- Provide regular status reports for each process project.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and 4-7 years of work experience in process analysis and optimization.
- Previous experience working in a Higher Education environment and/or familiar with user-centered design (UCD) and user-experience (UX) concepts and methodologies, an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated business process management experience; experience with business process design/improvement, including gathering requirements, documenting workflows and developing specifications.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) in a Windows environment.
- Previous experience working with Visio.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and planning skills; result and solution/problem solving oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical and professional.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
$64,770.00- $77,407.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 30, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities