Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SUPERVISOR, ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (P5861)
Deadline: April 25, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Payable, the incumbent coordinates and oversees the daily operational activities of the Accounts Payable (AP) department. He/She supervises and provides operational support to staff within the department and ensures that all functions are administered in accordance with established controls, procedures policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate and oversee the daily operational activities within the unit and implement new and modified processes and procedures as recommended by the Manager, Accounts Payable.
- Supervise, assign, and schedule the workflow of the AP support staff; Provide support, guidance and assistance to the staff to improve performance as required and provide training to new and existing staff.
- Undertake analysis of escalated issues, provide recommendations to Manager, Accounts Payable and communicate solution to staff for implementation.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of financial systems; ensure staff within the unit are aware of all system procedures and processes that affect their tasks and conduct any necessary training as required.
- Serve as a primary resource for support staff in solving operational issues and implementing solutions.
- Complete all cheque cancellations, cheque deposits and journals, as required, and review and resolve all cheque run issues.
- Resolve supplier and end user complaints and handle inquiries, as required, regarding payment processes and delays.
- Assist the Manager, Accounts Payable in ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the unit and service continuity.
- Reconcile AP Balance Sheet accounts.
- Perform duties as assigned as part of the year-end process.
- Collaborate with FIS/HRIS renewal project team regarding issues related to AP and procure-to-pay processes as well as cross-functional processes.
- Resolve complex issues between suppliers, departments, faculty members and other units within Financial Services while taking into account financial system limitations, compliance and other constraints.
- Represent the department in internal and external meetings/committees relating to and affecting AP, and follow through on issues addressed and plans of action.
- Assist the Manager, Accounts Payable in hiring processes, with audits (internal, external, tax, granting agency etc.) and other tasks as assigned.
- Serve as backup to the Manager, Accounts Payable for extended absences.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Commerce with a major in Accounting or Administration or in a field related to the primary responsibilities, with 2 to 4 years of related work experience preferably in AP including experience in a supervisory role or leading a team.
- Prior experience working on year-end processes including accruals, journals, account reconciliations.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting processes, procure-to-pay process, Accounts Payable cycle, taxation, financial information systems and procedures as well as a strong competency and facility to work with financial information, financial reports and statistical data.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to write reports, provide a high level of customer service, give and interpret detailed information, explanations, and instructions and deal with internal and external stakeholders in situations that require accurate use of both official languages.
- Strong computer skills: Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel and Word and basic knowledge of Access (ability to run queries).
- Ability to extract financial information from databases.
- Knowledge of the University’s financial information systems.
- Ability to affect positive change.
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, interpersonal, leadership, customer service, problem solving, decision making and communication skills.
$62,228 - $72,201 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 25, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities