Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BUSINESS ANALYST – STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (SIS) (P1827)
Deadline: April 24, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Planning and Support Office, the incumbent is responsible for requirements gathering and for addressing system-related support needs of SIS users in a university-wide context. He/she is accountable for configuration, maintenance of configured data, gathering and documentation of functional requirements, deployment of features, and the overall safekeeping of SIS data. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of personal information contained within the system.
- Manage the Student Information System’s operational tasks on a day-to-day basis, including the processing of interfaces, file loads, management of application configuration.
- Provide expert knowledge on all business processes, system interactions and dependencies with other modules pertaining to the data managed by the SIS.
- Analyze end user and business unit needs, document business requirements, recommend solutions and best practices required to implement and support the business.
- Provide detailed functional specifications pertaining to development efforts and works closely with IITS to develop and rollout new features.
- Create and maintain business process maps related to new processes/features or changes to existing processes/features.
- Analyze, create and deploy queries requested by end user community.
- Analyze user reported systems issues and work closely with IITS in testing, solving and delivering solutions to problems.
- Participate in all phases of testing (unit, scenario, user acceptance, regression) during SIS upgrades.
- Work closely with the user community to analyze new features and functionalities when vendor released packages are available and recommend a deployment approach to ensure it is in line with the objectives set forward by the SIS User Committee and SIS Steering Committee.
- Train users, and assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials.
- Provide backup expertise to other modules in the Planning and Support office when needed.
- Provide data and reports from the system as required to ensure the good functioning of Registrarial Services.
- Perform other tasks in support of the Planning & Support office as required by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field and two to four years of related work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment.
- Strong analytical and functional requirement documentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to organize work effectively and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both member of a team and independently.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Query Manager tool.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data analysis and good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word for documentation creation and maintenance.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to provide complex information, clear explanations and documentation to end-users.; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to provide general information and to answer inquiries.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of SQL developer and relational databases, as well as business process modeling experience an asset.
$65,444.99 – $76,644.93 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 24, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities